This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Special 006 - Cheesy 80s Metal

edited December 2006 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights, due to (frighteningly) popular demand, we bring you Rym doodling on his keyboard to cheesy 80s metal loops. May the gods have mercy on his soul.

Hooray for specials!

Comments

• *Does his death metal voice (scrym know about it. ^_~)*

That was metal, bitch!
  • YEEES. That's going on my next burnt CD. fantastic.
  • If they ever made a movie based on the NES Punchout! this is the kind of music I'd hope to hear.

ROFL oh cheese(I like chocolate milk)tastic.
  • Haha, it sounded pretty good. Not something I'd listen to more than once, though. Ah, take away the keyboard effects and it'd be dead boring. XD Got to love cheesy keyboard effects!
  • That music could have fit into a lot of 16 bit video games. :D
  • Nice little song there. I dunno why Rym thinks we're crazy that we like this sort of song.
  • God awful. I hated it. It was terrible.

I'm going to go hide off into a corner, listening to it in loop now.
  • The first thing that went through my mind when it started was "Hey, Miami Vice-like chase scene music", but as it continued, I was like "murph". Jan Hammer you're not, but good nonetheless.

I wonder what Scott has to say?
  • That was really more of the typical 80's neo-classical progressive hard rock rather than straight-up metal. It sounded like something Europe would've done, as opposed to, oh, say, something Slayer would have done. It was way more melodic and atmospheric; to be 80's metal, you would've needed some shred.
  • You have to remember that it wasn't a coherent song or even planned. I literally just spun my chair around, hit record, and spun back midst-doodling. I stopped when I got hungry. ^_~
  • That was really more of the typical 80's neo-classical progressive hard rock rather than straight-up metal. It sounded like something Europe would've done, as opposed to, oh, say, something Slayer would have done. It was way more melodic and atmospheric; to be 80's metal, you would've needed some shred.
    *cough*OvEr-AnAlYzInG!*cough*
  • i thought it was pretty cool. i liked it alot. although i was half expecting you to start playing a zelda riff somewhere in there.

make some more music like that, and make a geek nights album downloadable via bittorrent.
  • Another way to fund Geeknights...... RYM on the keyboard CD!
  • Any chance you could post just the midi up here, Rym? That would make great background music for some of my little game projects.
  • There is no midi. I haven't even tried to find my old MIDI-LPT adaptors.
  • I would so buy one of Rym's CDs if he made one. That's great music to just leave on while you do something else, plus, it's spontaneous, so it's not forced, if you get what I mean, anyway Rym, please do a CD!
  • I would so buy one of Rym's CDs if he made one. That's great music to just leave on while you do something else, plus, it's spontaneous, so it's not forced, if you get what I mean, anyway Rym, please do a CD!
    I second the motion! That was awesome. You really should make a CD. It wouldn't take much effort, and it just goes to show how stupid we the consumer masses who would buy it really are for calling the musical doodlings of a man and his keyboard awesome.
  • You should make a CD with all of the different Zelda songs on it. now I would buy that.
  • Rym, please do a CD!
    I second the motion! You really should make a CD.
    Oh, god. I thought it was awful.
  • What are CDs? I know what an MP3 is... and they're free!
  • edited November 2008
    What are CDs?
    A compact disc. ^_^
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • Those little round things with a hole in the middle that you stick in a computer, CD player or a console.
  • Sarcasm FTW!