This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Farming?

edited December 2006 in Video Games
Knowing that the new DS Pokemon games will be wi-fi linkable (including Internet), and the success some folks have had reselling items from MMO games, does anyone have any bets on when the first e-tailer will begin selling Pokemon?

You can't buy 10 Mew's!

Comments

• It's not going to happen because there are cheating devices that will let you get any pokemon you want.
  • The only way for you not to be able to cheat is for the game to stay connected to a server and store information there, instead of on the game. I personally can't see that happening. Maybe, but probably not.
  • Are there cheat devices for the DS games?
  • Either there will be or people will find in-game cheats/tricks, just like all the other pokemon games.

There wouldn't be much of a market for it anyway. :/ Most players are kids and people who are playing out of nostalgia. I like pokemon but I'm not going to expend the effort on catching 'em all that I would have when I was 13 and I'm certainly not going to spend more money than the cost of the game.

Of course, I think those people who buy MMO money with IRL money are crazy. Maybe the same people will pick up pokemon DS. :|
  • I think the way of cheating in DS Pokemon will be more complex. People first will play ROMS of the games instead of the real deal using homebrew devices. Then they will save their games to flash carts. Then they will modify their save games on their computers to get whatever they want.