This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wii "breaks" when playing Zelda 1

edited December 2006 in Everything Else
So I downloaded Zelda 1 from the online shop and played it a little. Then I wanted to talk to this old lady and the game stopped ?!

Watch it yourself.

Comments

• I think there's a bigger problem. Why did you pay $5 for Zelda 1? You can get Zelda 1 for GBA for probably less than $5. Also, if you got the Zelda collection disc for GameCube it has Zelda 1, 2, 64 and Majora's Mask on it. I got that disc for free back in the day. Buying Zelda 1 on VC is a rip-off.
  • $5 for Zelda is only a horrible deal when you compare it to a free rom. That Zelda collection disc you're talking about sells for about $50 on ebay (I've been in the market). If you can find a used cart at a local store then you might have some luck getting it for less than $5 but anywhere on ebay you're likely to pay more than that when shipping's factored in.
    The other day I was at my local Video Games Etc and noticed that they had both A Link to the Past as well as the classic Zeldas for sale sealed in the package. Now which would you rather pay, the $5 from the virtual console or $15-$20 for a brand new GBA cart? I agree, some VC titles are ridiculous (I'm not going to pay that much for Donkey Kong) but I personally think Zelda represents one of the honest deals on that service.
  • My game store had a deal where I got the game card for 10€. I don't really think that 2.50 is a rip-off.
  • If you have a hankering to play the first Zelda and don't want to shell out $5 for it, you can download Zelda Classic. It's Zelda I, on the computer, with updated graphics and the ability to mod it and make your own quests if you want.
  • Does anyone have a link (get it) to the hacked version of Zelda someone made where you don't even start with a sword?
  • Does anyone have a link (get it)?
    You don't deserve acknowledgment as a person anymore.
  • Does anyone have a link (get it) to the hacked version of Zelda someone made where you don't even start with a sword?
    You don't start with a sword in Zelda 1. IF you want to be cool and beat it sans-sword, just don't pick it up. I've been able to get the white sword without ever getting the sword, but I've never beaten the game without any swords.
  • In this particular hack the starting sword is about 5 or 6 areas away.

Yes, I have also played sans starting sword back in the day. As long as you have bombs and a candle you can take out the early critters.