This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wii - Ad-Hoc Wireless Configuration Problems

edited December 2006 in Video Games
Okay, so I don't have a wireless router, and I wanted to get my wii on Wiiconnect. I saw some of these and figured I could set them up to do an Ad-hoc connection with the Wii. After a lot of work I was able to get the Wii to see them as an access point, but it will not connect to them. I have ICS enabled and my normal connection is sharing to the wireless device. I am completely stuck as for what to do now, so if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I also wanted to make note that I tried doing a manual connection and assigning IP addresses to the Wii and stuff, but nothing I tried worked.

Comments

• You are going to find it will be very difficult to get that to work. You should have just bought one of these things.
  • Woot.com was selling two of the things I bought for $15 shipped, so it was much cheaper than that. Plus, I'm going to get a router eventually, so these will let me hook my computers up to the network when I get them
  • Woot.com was selling two of the things I bought for $15 shipped, so it was much cheaper than that. Plus, I'm going to get a router eventually, so these will let me hook my computers up to the network when I get them
    If you get a wireless router for your home, I can not recommend anything more highly than the Linksys WRT54G. Don't get the WRT54GS or any other variant. Just get the plain old router, and everything will be awesome. Also, if you're going to get a router eventually, go get it now, and your troubles will be over.
  • That would work, but I can't do that for two reasons. One, I'm too poor. Two, I'm pretty sure that my older bro is going to get me one anyway for christmas.
  • Bump for teh helps.
  • edited December 2006
    That would work, but I can't do that for two reasons. One, I'm too poor. Two, I'm pretty sure that my older bro is going to get me one anyway for christmas.
    Wait, if you are going to get a router that is going to work for Christmas, what's the problem? Also, it doesn't appear that this topic had disappeared off the front page, so why pointlessly bump it?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • It was a good ways down there, and it's been awhile since i've had a reply. I'm sorry, i'm not positive that my bro is getting me a router, i'm just guessing.
    If you get a wireless router for your home, I can not recommend anything more highly than the Linksys WRT54G. Don't get the WRT54GS or any other variant. Just get the plain old router, and everything will be awesome. Also, if you're going to get a router eventually, go get it now, and your troubles will be over.
    Wow. That's my router! I did something right for once!