This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Warlords Of Pez

edited December 2006 in Everything Else
Thought i would lighten up you Americans (kidding) with some Irish "Art Rock"! The band is called "Warlords of Pez" btw

Warlords are Shit.
Monster Voice.
Barney Schwarzenegger.

What ya think? And do bands exist like this in the U.S?

Comments

• I don't like them at all, but then again thats just me. It's just not my cup of tea.
  • edited December 2006
    "Art Rock"? Here in the US, it would be probably be more commonly referred to as "Experimental". Here's a whole page of the stuff. Occasionally while scanning the indie sites, I come across some that I like. But in my non-professional opinion, most(not all, most) experimental bands are trying to cover up their lack of musical ability by justifying it as "Experimental". That is why I like The Black Math Experiment because they do not only do experimental, but they also do solid punk and rock songs that show some musical ability.

Edit: That "Warlords Are Shit" song was...shit. But the other two were great. I'll check them out. And I really like that song in the video WhaleShark posted, I'll check out Why? too.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited December 2006
    I like weird and eclectic shit, so this is up my alley.

Yes, bands like this do exist in the US, though anyone that's at this level of experimentation is very difficult to describe. Check out any and all of Mike Patton's projects; he's collaborated with roughly every musician on the face of the planet, twice, and he makes some of the weirdest music out there.

Here, check this out. This is the band Why?, and their song "Rubber Traits." It's out there.

EDIT: Yeah, what Sail said.

EDIT 2: Check out the band Subtle, an abstract/avant-garde hip-hop group composed of a couple of guys from anticon records. For that matter, check out the anticon artists and their affiliates; you'll find some artsy weird stuff that way.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • But in my non-professional opinion, most(not all, most) experimental bands are trying to cover up their lack of musical ability by justifying it as "Experimental".
    I can agree with that, but sometimes the music is so crazy or funny it dosen't matter too much. I should have uploaded "Old women with Broadband" also a good track!

• Here, check this out. This is the band Why?, and their song "Rubber Traits." It's out there.
    Thanks for that link, that video was awesome.