This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Next Gen. Graphics

edited December 2006 in Video Games
It depresses me that 90% of my friends are mainly concerned with the graphic performance of a system. I try to convince people that the Wii is more worthy of our money and they tell me "I like ps3 because of the graphics. I'll pay $400 for more polygons!" Tell me, if a goats ass is in 480i or 1080p, it's still a goat's ass, right? However, the PS3 has been handing out goats' asses, and the Wii is not. I'll take a slightly less pretty fun game over a goat's ass any day.

Comments

• Little thing that bugs me but...aren't they THIS generation graphics now? As a side note, I saw like 5 ps3's in my local gamestop window, but like usual all the Wii's were sold out the second they became available.
  • I a like the system that had enough good games for me to play. I have Playstation 2 for at least 4 years now and before that I had a mod-playstation one since 1999 (from my country Peru). My playstation 2 was modded for free in my country also. I like my ps2 games. I only like some games for the gamecube, such as like Zelda and Resident Evil 4, I like fighting games and there is only smash brothers melee for the gamecube, and Resident evil 4 was coming for ps2, and also the ps2 had most of the Final Fantasies and the fighting games, such as soul calibur. Ok, I know soul calibur 2 is for all 3 systems but I there is only one character specific for each system . To tell you all the true I always wanted to play as Zelda, but know there is Okemi for ps2. At the end my ps2 had the most games that I liked, and back then on 2002 I did not know and I did not care how evil Sony was or is, I just went and used my gamer instincts on the holidays.
    I will not buy a next gen until console until I see the overall number of good games in each console.
    My family owns a 6o inches Tv (the one that projects from the back) with 1080 pp. The picture is ok with the ps2 games, but there is still a little something in the back of my head telling me how the game would be in hd. Over all that little voice is always there because I have no HD channels, it looks like it will be like that for a while since my family is stuck with dish network for the next 6 months.
  • I think it depends on what you want out of a gaming console. I got the Wii because, while I think graphics in games are cool, thats not what I want. I also usually like the less serious games rather than the shooters. I can understand if you are hard core gamer you want the graphics and the big name titles and the other crap, but I'm just not like that. I can't sit and play for 12 hours, I generally get bored and have other things I want to do so I don't really get into the whole package.
  • Thanks guys you genuinely made me feel better. I guess my friend's just being mean. ^_^'