This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

American SOS Brigade

edited December 2006 in Anime
So this American web page of Haruhi Suzumiya seems pretty fun

www.asosbrigade.com

Thew cosplay is interesting but what sold me where the cracy cat photos.

Comments

• I was going to make a thread about this when I saw it, but decided not to.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like dubbed. It's very promising. I feel that after watching the little trailer that they really get the show, and I think that thats what they are trying to convey with this whole grass roots style internet thing.
  • Im really looking forward to seeing it dubbed. I agree that it seems like they get the whole vibe of the show, and with such a large number of fans in both Japan and the States Im sure they are going to do a good job on this one.
  • whats interesting is that they are hiding dubbed voice clips of the characters for people to vote on their favorite. If they really take the fans input into account it should be a really good dub... hopefully.
  • edited December 2006
    Whats interesting is that they are hiding dubbed voice clips of the characters for people to vote on their favorite. If they really take the fans input into account it should be a really good dub... hopefully.
    Yep, hopefully. If they manage to screw up somehow, well, then they've turned into the American version of Gonzo.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • If they follow by what the fans vote for I believe it will be really good. The voices have been good so far. I voted #2 for Mikuru and #3 for Yuki. You never know though. If they planned on using this method to choose voice actors/actresses why would they hide them.
  • If they follow by what the fans vote for I believe it will be really good. The voices have been good so far. I voted #2 for Mikuru and #3 for Yuki. You never know though. If they planned on using this method to choose voice actors/actresses why would they hide them.
    So that only the devoted fans of the show would find them.
  • Yeah. They are obvious though, randomly linked words. lol I feel that Mikuru's voice isn't going to work out in English, its just one of those special Japanese voices that sounds horrible in English. I guess it doesn't really matter how it turns out, I'll always watch it subbed.