This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Starship Size Comparison Chart.

edited January 2007 in Everything Else
This was on Digg, but it's so cool that I thought it was worth sharing. It's funny that while the Star Wars ships may be the biggest, it's a widely held belief among geeks that Star Trek Federation Ships would mop the floor with any ship from the Star Wars movies.

Comments

• That is really neat
  • pretty awesome but they forgot Serenity :(
  • This site didn't: Starship Dimensions. Serenity is on the x10 page.
  • edited January 2007
    This site didn't: Starship Dimensions. Serenity is on the x10 page.
    If my memory serves me correct . . . I remember when I first saw this site it was when it was slashdotted hard after being featured on The Screen Savers back in the TechTV days. That or it was just on /., either or.
    Post edited by HeavyCruiserLost on
  • It's funny that while the Star Wars ships may be the biggest, it's a widely held belief among geeks that Star Trek Federation Ships would mop the floor with any ship from the Star Wars movies.
    Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a starship is insignificant next to the power of the Force.
  • This is a very old site, however it seems to have been updated with newer starships.
  • It's funny that while the Star Wars ships may be the biggest, it's a widely held belief among geeks that Star Trek Federation Ships would mop the floor with any ship from the Star Wars movies.
    Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a starship is insignificant next to the power of the Force.
    Do not underestimate the power of the Federation.
  • I thought it was the opposite? Empire would destroy the Federation!

Don't forget, Star Destroyers come fully loaded with several TIE squadrons. The Federation has no fighter class ships.

A naval Battleship is a very potent weapon but, without picket ships for the close in defense, it is super vulnerable.

Star Fleet fails miserably in regards to naval tactics!

A Star Destroyer is bristling with weapon emplacements! How many guns does the Enterprise have?
  • Unicron for the win. Sadly he's not on the list. :(
  • balt, I happily received my DVD copy of Transformers: The Movie for Christmas. Thought you'd be happy to hear that. Somebody told me something bad happens to Otimus Prime, though ;-)
  • This is a very old site, however it seems to have been updated with newer starships.
    Never mind. I actually clicked the link. This is a crap image. I thought the link went to http://www.merzo.net/. This is a very old site that has always had the most comprehensive set of starship dimensions ever. It really makes any other chart unnecessary.