This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Seravatar

edited January 2007 in Everything Else
This is a bit OT, but I spend some of my time on other forums besides this one. One of them is for another podcast I listen to, Comic Geek Speak. In that forum, there's a guy named Seraphyn. Sometime early on in the life of that forum, he made some custom avatars for people. He would take photos of those people and combine their heads with the bodies of their favorite heros. This was pretty cool because on a PHPBB forum, the avatars are a lot more visible. Making avatars for all the major users that had a uniform style really made the forum look a lot nicer. It also became really easy to get to know people by their avatars and such. Lots of fun.

Well anyway, I got on the list to have an avatar made a long long time ago, and he finally made mine. Here it is.

He's always accepted donations from people he's made avatars for, but in the end he decided it's a lot of effort for what he gets. I can't blame him. I think he said the average donation was less than a dollar per avatar. That just means most people didn't give him anything. It looks like soon he will be making a small web business out of selling his custom avatar creation services. If you hang out on lots of forums that use large avatars, it might be worth your time to keep an eye out. I plan to use this on any forums I frequent that will allow it.

Here is the page with all the avatars on it.

Comments