This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wii Questions

edited January 2007 in Video Games
Can I use my GC controllers with the virtual console?

What about my GC memory cards?

Can the GC play import disks?
If not, can you use the GC action replay disk to fool the Wii the same way you fool the GC when playing foreign games?

Do I need to buy another nunchuk when I get my second Wii-mote or are too few games using the nunchuk?

Comments

• Can I use my GC controllers with the virtual console?
    It depends on the game, but generally, yes. Regardless, every game states very clearly which controllers can be used with it.
  • Yes, the GC controller works with most VC games.

Yes, GC memory cards work. They need to to play GC games.

Import games don't work sadly. I have a disc I used to play imports on my GC and that doesn't help at all with playing them on the Wii.

You don't really need a second nunchuk yet from what games I play. You really only need it for 2 player Wii Sports boxing, but if you can find one you might want to get it just because they seem to be in short supply.
  • Yes, the GC controller works with most VC games.
    So if I was to pick up a 2nd hand GC controller on eBay I could save myself buying the new old school Wii controller? Cool.
  • The wii classic controller is guaranteed to work with every VC game, the other 2 just work with most.
  • While the Wii won't play imports out of the box, according to 1 UP, Action Replay does indeed work.
  • Hmmm... I will have to try my Action Replay disc then!

The one import I have is "Pokemon Box" which is disc (not a game) that can cost you well over $120 for an American version. Mine is British and works great with the AR disc.

I'm hoping the Pokemon Battle Stadium game for the Wii will incorporate the feature of Pokemon Box.

what is the best feature of Pokemon Box? Being able to transfer all of your Pokemon in one fell swoop!
  • I can't see the image. Blocked by my work server.
    You work on Saturday?
    You work on Saturday?
    Yes. Most weeks I work Monday-through Friday but some weeks I work on Saturday and have my pick of what day to take off durring the week.
  • The one import I have is "Pokemon Box" which is disc (not a game) that can cost you well over $120 for an American version. Mine is British and works great with the AR disc.
    Ummm...I got the American version for $20...Was that a typo?
  • If you bought it when it first came out $20 is about right. If you went looking for it later you had to find it on eBay at a highly inflated price. I almost got one off of eBay for $20 from a guy in Canada. The problem was he listed it as the Canadian/PAL version. By the time I finished looking up TV signals in Canada and confirmed it was actually NTSC someone else snatched it up!
  • edited January 2007
    As for the Action Replay disc...

I put in my GC AR disc and it just reset the Wii and never even entered the AR setup section. So, I'm guessing the Wii's were setup to ignore that disk?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • I wouldn't be surprised if they were.
  • Apologies for the misinformation. I went back to the original video and it turns out they used Freeloader, not Action Replay. Too bad your current solution doesn't work but it looks like all is not lost.