This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

geeky fish tank

so i have a small fish tank, 6.6 gallons. its long, narrow, and short, pretty much a hallway. instead of a sunken ship or a fake plant i kind of want to make it look geeky. for example i am thinking about making it look like the dust map from counter strike, or a super mario world (snes)... world.

anybody have any ideas? wild, WILD ideas are welcome. (every post after this i swear i will be gramatically correct)

Comments

• You could use some lego's to make a crazy geeky diorama in the tank that looks like a mario bros level.
  • edited March 2006
    I was thinking about that, I even deleted my text in which I described why that wouldn't work because it made my post seem more like a rant than an actual question. But since you mention it, Legos arem't squares from the side, and they are much too large to get in the detail of the sprites. (Best sprites page. Best background/object sprite sheet.)
    Post edited by frostbitten_panda on
  • Just print out a laminated sheet that looks like a water world from Super Mario 1 and stick it on the back of the tank. Then Make some cheep-cheeps, bloopers and coins out of lego or some other plastic and hang them by strings into the tank.
  • Before you introduce anything to the tank, make sure you wash it. Soak em in water for about an hour so that the chemicals can wash out and to be on the safe side.

You can also try cuting out prints of the mario bros. and then laminating them. Then just hang them in your fish tank like underwater windchimes.
  • one more thing. If you have nintendo that doesn't work, or some controllers that don't work anymore, take out the electronic insides so all that is left is the plastic. And use the shells to decorate your fish tank.
  • Oooh. I like that last idea.
  • edited March 2006
    That last idea was really good and I might just do that. I could use my mario keychain and uncrew the chain or do that with this Counter Strike figurine. Does any body know of a Chain Chomp figurine or whatever that opens and closes (for bubble action) or any at all? I googled and froogled but didn't come up with any usefull results.
    Post edited by frostbitten_panda on