This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

12 player Wii games?

edited January 2007 in Everything Else
OK, listen up Wii owners.

I was checking the Wii Shopping channel last night and they listed a TurboGFX16 game with the word Dungeon in the title. I can not remember the exact name but... It did say it could handle 5 players with a mixture of Wii-motes and Game cube Controllers!

This got me to thinking...

Mario Party 7 will support 8 players by sharing controllers. You could do the same thing with the Wii by having the classic controller or nunchuk plugged into your Wii-mote and shared.

Does this mean we might see a 12 player Mario Party? If you shared a classic controller in the way you do the GC controller we might even be able to see 16 player Mario Party!

Comments or thoughts on this?

Comments

• Wario Ware: Smooth Moves supports 12 players.
  • IIRC that dungeon game supports 5 players hot seat. That means you use one controller and pass it around. The same is true for Wario Ware. You use one Wiimote and take turns. I highly doubt we will ever see a Wii game that supports more than four controllers at once on the same Wii. To get more players we are almost certainly going to need controller sharing, hot seat or Internet.
  • What about games in the virtual console that have the classic controller and GC controller highlighted?
  • Well, TB16 supported 5 players simultaneously. I wonder how/if the Wii VC will handle those games.
  • Looking at the description it looks like 5 player simultaneous by using a mixture of wii-motes and Game Cube controllers.
  • I might have to buy this game just to see.
  • Played Bomberman '93 with the guys at RIT EGS. It popped up a screen recognizing which of the five controllers are which. Four Wiimotes, one 'Cube controllers; one Wiimote, four 'Cube controllers; it's all good. Although I did notice that the Wiimote is always first player and the 'Cube controller is always fifth player. Maybe it's just me.
  • I picked up Dungeon Explorers from the Wii Shopping channel...

My eyes! My eyes!

Those old 16-bit tiled graphics are killing me!

I also picked up Super Mario Brothers! I was going to get Super Mario 64 but I'm not sure it's worth then 1,000 Wii points.

I've got 700 Wii points left, should I get original Zelda? Should I get something else? If I get original Zelda I'll have 200 Wii points left. How many points will I have to buy to make the math work out so that all my points will be spent?
  • Toejam and Earl ftw!