This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Government study on Video games.

edited March 2006 in Board Games
Just wanted to comment on something you guys mentioned on the podcast today about a video game study. You mentioned other groups that were studying the effects on children and video games. And you stated that they were trying to manufacture evidence. However I would submit that these private organizations are also trying to do the same. Most of the organizations you mentioned are "pro-family" organizations that dislike the very nature of video games anyhow. I'd rather have the government in it's wisdom conduct the study because if it does get results it doesn't like even if it tries to keep them down they will be leaked, (like the Climate Change stuff recently) but if it's in a private firm this becomes more difficult and the science may not be as regulated as a government run study.

This is of course just a thought I had without looking into the subject.

Comments

• Oh, I don't doubt that they're all bad science ;^) I think we were just making a somewhat unrelated point about how, in addition to being biased, much government research is also redundant.

Of course, perhaps the redundancy could server to overcome the bias... Or maybe I'm just an optimistic person =P