This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Lawyer Lies about Death Penalty Experience; Forced to Surrender License

edited February 2007 in News
When I was in Louisville, I knew this guy named Fred Radolovich. We didn't work together and we weren't friends or anything, but we knew each other well enough to say, "Hi" if we saw each other. It says in the newspaper article I linked to that he's gonna give up his license in order to have perjury charges currently pending against him dropped. He was representing this guy in a death penalty case and he didn't even know the guy's last name. The guy was convicted, of course, and now he's on death row. So they investigated Fred a bit, and he said under oath that he had a lot of death experience. Turns out he didn't have any.

I didn't see Fred so often after it came out that he lied about being a barrister. I never understood why he lied about that. It didn't really benefit him. You might think it could've brought in clients, but the clients Fred dealt with probably never heard of the Hague and probably didn't know the difference between a barrister and a solicitor. But he kept practicing. I don't understand why anyone would've used him after the barrister thing, but they did.

It's also hard for me to believe that he made so much money.

Finally - this guy is one of those private attornies in whom people seem to invest so much confidence. Still confident?