This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Stupid Emergency Stories

edited March 2006 in Board Games
So, I am sure we all have been in/witnessed emergencies in which people did not react in a proper, rational, or reasonable manner. Here is one of mine:

A few of you know that several years ago I was struck by a car while walking through a crosswalk at SUNY Brockport by a professor going 45 mph pluss in a 35 mph school zone. So, the profesor who struck me apparently did not heve know he had struck me until he heard me fall on his roof. Once realizing I was on his car he stops suddenly (an idiotic move because it sent me rolling off the car- needing to cling to the spoiler not to fall on the pavement, but somewhate understandable in a panic situation). He gets out of teh car, and just starts walking away, leaving me on the trunk of the car while onlookers came to attend me. Moreover, the two girls that were attending to me ran up to him to see if he had a cell phone to call 911. He simply said "I already called and it was busy." BUSY! WTF?! 911 is structured so it will never be busy, it bounces to teh next respondent location! So as I lay sobbing on the back of this man's car in shock and pain, he not only let me lay there, but forced these girls to go to the nearest building on campus to get to a phone.

This is just one example of adults not dealing with an emergency because they are either heartless dicks or too involved in their own shock to deal with the situation at hand. I mean, I had just been struck by a car, but I had the presence of mind to send an onlooker to the isntructor whose class I was on my way to attend to ensure that he contact my parents as he was also my advisor and had access to my records.

Has anyone else seen this sort of stupidity in action?