This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What is your IQ?

edited February 2007 in Everything Else
Exactly what the title says..

I took two different IQ tests today.. On the first I got a score of 131, on the second 148.

I think that is good...

Comments

• That's the problem with the tests. If they were accurate, you wouldn't have such a wide range of results.
  • Real IQ tests have to be adjusted for age and cultural background to be accurate, and should be performed under controlled conditions. Tests in magazines and online are inaccurate per definition.

As mentioned in another thread, I got an IQ of 126 while by accident putting a pencil up my nose which literally caused a bloody mess. I think I was 17 or 18. The test was made for ethnic Norwegians of that age, but the conditions weren't controlled (my family and some friends were present in the room, talking).
  • I don't give a good got damn what anybody's IQ is. I care how you carry yourself in an argument. Even if I think you're stupidly, stupidly wrong, I'll give you enormous respect if you argue intelligently.
  • I don't care much about people's IQ either. I tell mine just because it's a funny story.

I believe people who are good at arguing generally have above average IQ. I think it's in the same category of intelligence.

I give great credit to people of perhaps lower IQ that spot other peoples emotions and reactions better than I do. Finding the technically right answer is not necessarily the best answer over all.
  • I give more credit to those who know when not to argue.

How does that saying go? "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."
  • I do not believe in IQ tests , on my live I took 2 the first one I got 128 then on the next one I got 171. What is the deal with that? Should I add them and get and average? I just do not get them. In my opinion the intelligence and ideas of one person cannot be express by simple numbers.
  • I do not believe in IQ tests , on my live I took 2 the first one I got 128 then on the next one I got 171. What is the deal with that? Should I add them and get and average? I just do not get them. In my opinion the intelligence and ideas of one person cannot be express by simple numbers.
    Yes.. I was wondering if I should get the average. lol. I don't know what the deal is with getting two completely different scores.
  • I give more credit to those who know when not to argue.
    I agree, I used wrong words. I shouldn't have said "arguing", but instead "discussing with relevant arguments" or something like that.
  • When I was young, I was subjected to extensive IQ and cognitive testing by the State of Michigan. It was VERY different from those "IQ Tests" you can find online or are given in school.
  • People have different strengths and weaknesses.
    For example, one man might have a almost photographic memory and be able to see a picture and then draw it really accurately and at the same time sucks as at mathematics. People have different ways to think, and some of them are not normally covered by IQ tests. Also, how can you stop someone from taking lucky guesses? If you guess everything on an IQ test and happen to get a good result it does not mean you are a genius, it just means you are a lucky person.
    I have many more reason why I hate IQ test but this are some of the strongest.
  • I took an IQ test online once; got something like a 144.

Personally, I thought it was all bollocks. I think IQ tests are really stupid. My friend took one - got a high IQ, but scored extremely low in directional sense. I agree with The wired - people definitely have different strengths and weaknesses. Also, IQ tests are not good at detecting very high or very low IQs.
  • Also, IQ tests are not good at detecting very high or very low IQs.
    And therein lies the problem with these tests. Those who score abnormally low would probably claim that the test was broken. Intelligence is a very subjective and abstract thing, and I really don't think there is any accurate or viable way to measure it.
  • edited February 2007
    Also, IQ tests are not good at detecting very high or very low IQs.
    And therein lies the problem with these tests. Those who score abnormally low would probably claim that the test was broken. Intelligence is a very subjective and abstract thing, and I really don't think there is any accurate or viable way to measure it.
    Ah but if you score abnormally low, you are too stupid to raise a fuss. I've never had an IQ test; I think they are about the same as comparing penis sizes, not that I've ever done that either.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • When I was young, I was subjected to extensive IQ and cognitive testing experimentation by the State of Michigan CIA.
    And thus was born the superhero Rym, who through his fantastic powers became Champion of All Geekdom.
  • I dont have any idea what my IQ is.
  • edited February 2007
    131 for me!

Tied with my girlfriend. If only I'd answered one more question correctly!
    Post edited by Rym on
  • 131 for me!

Tied with my girlfriend.... if only i'd have answered one more question correctly!
    Mr. Period hasn't been around lately...
  • Has Mr. Period gone to the big ellipses in the sky?
  • RymRym
    edited February 2007
    He has a real life (that bastard), and sometimes disappears. I suppose I'll poke around and do some modding of my own until he gets back. ^_~
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I take those online IQ quizzes for fun from time to time. Usually getting scores between 120 to 140 or so. They're not particularly reliable or valid so I'd take whatever they say with a grain of salt.
    Even the official ones are kinda iffy as they often don't measure a wide enough range of intelligences and tend to be culturally biased.
    He's not dead, but he is in a comma.
    He's not dead, but heisin a comma.
    Hahahah! That is pretty funny.