This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Effing Snow

edited February 2007 in Everything Else
I don't know how much snow you people got after our last snow storm (Alex and I have personal experience with I-81 in Pennsylvania... *shudder*), but here are some pictures of Utica!! I took them with my cell phone, so not the best quality, and it's at night because I just got back from Katsucon, so deal.

image image

Comments

• edited February 2007
    *Rests hand on the butt of his revolver, rubs his face with one hand* I've been looking for The Tower for a long time. Almost thought it didn't exist.

In all seriousness, I've never seen snow before, except in pictures and videos of snowboarding and skiing. Even looking at the photos, I can't quite grasp the concept of Snow, let alone snow that looks deep enough to cover a car.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited February 2007
    In Madison, it's supposed to get into the thirties today! It hasn't been above freezing in about 4-5 weeks! I think I'm gonna bust out the shorts and T-Shirt.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited February 2007
    In Madison it's supposed to get into the thirties today! It hasn't been above freezing in about 4-5 weeks! I think I'm gonna bust out the shorts and T-Shirt.
    It's in the thirties down here most days lately. but Then again, we're talking in Celsius.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I did not get much snow accumulation but what I did get was a strong layer of pack-snow. It is great for sledding on but a real pain to shovel.
  • Albany was completely crippled Wednesday and Thursday. It was insane.
  • Downtown Albany still has giant piles and walls of snow that are cramping already narrow streets.
  • edited February 2007
    Heat wave in OH is melting all the snow, and overnight freezing it into an inch-thick layer of ice over everything. All new problems. Much fun. Grrr.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited February 2007
    It was 71 today. The temp. must've risen 50 degrees since yesterday.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • It's a balmy 37 this morning in CT.
  • Look, just melt the snow and send it here, we really need the water.