This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

For those learning the Haruhi dance...

edited February 2007 in Everything Else
Here is a helpful guide.

Comments

• You just gave me a freaky idea for a video now.
  • The only problem with that site is that it doesn't have screens of the whole dance, which they recently animated in full, just parts of it.
  • Yeah, we used that website for our Haruhi dance. It was quite fun, although we had our Haruhi cosplayer actually sing the song while we did the movements in the background.

Suggestion: For the parts where they don't show the dance, put your hands on your hips, move up and down or side to side, and let your Haruhi singer take the spotlight.

• Suggestion: For the parts where they don't show the dance, put your hands on your hips, move up and down or side to side, and let your Haruhi singer take the spotlight.
    Or you could just learn the full dance.
  • The only problem with that site is that it doesn't have screens of the whole dance, which they recently animated in full, just parts of it.
    Yeah, but the full dance was not released until recently, so I'm sure that it will be updated in a matter of time.
  • Do it.
    Give me until the end of April then. Planning, planning, and more planning.
  • I will indeed, learn the dance.
  • edited February 2007
    If you search on youtube there are a few videos of the full haruhi dance mirrored and slowed down so it's easier to learn.
    Post edited by Kite on
  • If you search on youtube there are a few videos of the full haruhi dance mirrored and slowed down so it's easier to learn.

I've actually just been accepted into the production team on a theatre production, so I'm going to be shifty - and Try and make the whole cast (of 150 or so) learn the dance, and Perform it simultaneously on stage.

[Caution - Don't get your hopes up, This might not(Read- probably won't) work]
  • Do it.
    I will wait.
  • edited April 2007
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited April 2007
    Flash mob style!
    Nice.

[Also Edit] That Megaman one was pure dead brilliant.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Flash mob style!

EDIT:This one will make Scott blow his load.
    I've seen the Mega Man one. Also, great job posting the thing of the day while I'm recording the episode.
  • Also, great job posting the thing of the day while I'm recording the episode.
    Wow. That takes skills.
  • Do it.
    I will wait.
    Sorry man, it's canned now, too much going on to make the Pico Day deadline (April 30). I COULD do it for Clock Crew Day (August 15), but I think it'll be stale by then to warrant a flash video.
  • Flash mob part 1 : apparantly they accomplished the full dance in a different part of Akihabara, it was the second attempt that got it broken up by the po po.
  • OMG they do the extended version too!! and this one is on March 25th so it looks like they've been doing this for about 3 weeks as far as I can find.

And 2ch isn't the only ones getting their haruhi on this is from a mixi meet up, mostly guys and not in cosplay. Mixi is alot like myspace instead of 2ch.

This is the best one i've found if you actually want to learn the dance. This on has five of the 2ch cosplayers in a room practicing the extended version before the 4/8 meet up. So IF we were to have a FRC offline meet at a convention and wanted to surprise people this would be the best one for reference ^_^
  • This is the best one i've found if you actually want to learn the dance.This on has five of the 2ch cosplayers in a room practicing the extended version before the 4/8 meet up. SoIFwe were to have a FRC offline meet at a convention and wanted to surprise people this would be the best one for reference ^_^
    Wow. I'm gonna learn this dance. I'm sure fans in the U.S. could learn to do this in unison too. Just needs a little work. This would be insanely fun at a convention, watching or doing.
  • The real funny thing is that I can see Rym as that front person, the one in the loose suit and grey mask >_<
  • edited April 2007
    LoL, I thought the same thing mitsukai. A lot of those guys were doing a damn good job too.
    Post edited by RainbowRaven on