This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Shadow of the Colossus

edited February 2007 in Everything Else
So, I was wanting to play this game for a while and I got it as a present from the holidays. So I started playing it, and I got lost in the dark world of the Colossus for about 3 weeks. Those Giants are a Bitch!, sadly I had to stop at colossus number 12 because, yeah I had to study for my exams. But during the last weekend I closed my door, took my sword and rode Aroh to the end of the world I knew everything would be alright, until I beat the game.
That final Colossus was hard as hell, I mean he does not move at all except by throwing plasma balls at you, it was a good thing that there were some walls that I did not notice until 10 minutes in that fight, and 3 deaths. Them it took me about 30 mins to get to its back and the rest was, it was .... more like a nightmare but eventually I got him and I got him really good.
I have play my zeldas, even since Zelda one from the nes, until the latest N64 Zelda, and I consider that this game is way better and any of them. I mean the cool thing from Zelda is the fight against monsters and the dungeons, and guess what this game has 16 awesome bosses and the whole world is a big ass dungeon. I also liked it because there was no need to meaning less fights in between bosses.

Overall it was a great game. But what is the deal with the hero having horns at the end.

Comments

• I don't have a 360 but X-Play gave that game really good reviews.
  • Ok, Shadow of the Colossus is not for the 360.
  • Shadow of the Colossus is probably in my top 10 favorite games ever. I actually didn't find the last one to be that hard; he's just a bastard. The eighth one is the one who gives me the most trouble, especially on time attack mode.
    Overall it was a great game. But what is the deal with the hero having horns at the end.
    It ties in to the first game, Ico, which I also highly recommend. Though exactly how it ties in is open to interpretation, both games have very minimalist plots.
  • I didn't realize Ico had anything to do with SoC.
  • They're directed by the same guy and take place in the same world. I'm kinda hoping they'll make a third game but I don't know if I'll wanna buy a PS3 just to play it.
  • I was confirmed recently that they're making a third game. It's going to be for the PS3, if I remember correctly. By the time it comes out (2009? 2010?) I would hope there's more than that going for the PS3.

Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games of the most recent generation, if not of all time. Battling the thirteen colossus (the sand dragon) has got to be one of the most epic moments in gaming.
  • There was a 360 one wasn't there? I'm sure that is what they said, it was a long time ago.
  • After turtle88 made the comment of the xbox360 I went and do some research (aka went to wikipedia :P ), and "nope" there is not a Shadow of the Colossus for the Xbox 360 :P
  • After turtle88 made the comment of the xbox360 I went and do some research (aka went to wikipedia :P ), and "nope" there is not a Shadow of the Colossus for the Xbox 360 :P
    Excuse me I will go wipe the egg off my face now. X Play still thought it was good.
  • edited February 2007
    turttle88,I am sorry I did not mean to throw an egg at your face ( I do not even know that is the meaning of that expression but is funny nonetheless :P )
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • PIE FIGHT!!! -------------------[} Chronocross

*Ahem* Old habit.
  • turttle88,I am sorry I did not mean to throw an egg at your face ( I do not even know that is the meaning of that expression but is funny nonetheless :P )
    Don't worry I was not really emotionally invested in my supposition, a few months of therapy and I'll be ok.
  • That's good to know :D