This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070222 - GeekBacks Ahoy

edited February 2007 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we have a whole show of just GeekBacks. How about that? In the news you should send that kid to military school and fix that parking deck.

Scott's Thing - What driving F1 is really like
Rym's Thing - Drink with comrades via USB and Internets

Comments

• The GeekBacks were...erm...boring. Just to let you know.
  • It was still a good listen. Rym and Scott managed to make it enjoyable.
  • Regarding the news.

It occurred to me after reading the letter Gabe posted that this kid's behavior coincides almost exactly with the classic symptoms of psychopathy. Utterly selfish and uncaring of consequences, to himself or others. For whatever reason (and the reasons are not well understood), psychopaths are more like solitary predators than social animals like the rest of humanity.

I'm no psychiatrist, but I get the impression that this kid had gone beyond the realm of "being a bad kid" and into that of actual mental illness.
  • The GeekBacks were...erm...boring. Just to let you know.
    We know. That's why we do them rarely. However, whenever we do them, it creates an increase in the amount of feedback we receive, which is good.
  • Nice F1 article. I would love a chance to try one of those cars out. I'd probably die.

As side note: Juan Pablo Montoya finished 19th in the Daytona 500, not too bad. He did one Cup race last year, where he got punted by (if I remember) Ryan Newman for some imagined slight. He qualified 9th for the race this weekend. Once he moved over from McLaren, he became my guy in NASCAR, just like Ferrari became my team once Kimi moved over.

The Daytona 500 did have an interesting finish, with a big wreck at the end. The 07 car finished 18th, which is only notable because he crossed the finish line upside down, on fire (about 55 seconds into the video in the link).
  • edited February 2007
    The GeekBacks were...erm...boring. Just to let you know.
    I thought it was interesting.

but I think it would be more interesting if they asked us to send questions in first like a week in advance.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • RymRym
    edited February 2007
    I think it would be more interesting if they asked us to send questions in first like a week in advance.
    We've done that before, and we'll probably do it again at some point.
    Post edited by Rym on