This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

DRM is awesome!

No really, it's not. Scientifical proof that it sucks....battery life.
http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13193

Comments

• Scientifical... LOL! Are you GW in disguise?

As for the article, I don't use DRM'd anything as a rule, so no biggie on my part. Oh, I bought a game with Starforce once, but I took it back and got a refund as soon as I found out.
  • edited March 2006
    HAHAHAH Yeah I messed up on that one.

Scientific*
    Post edited by frostbitten_panda on
  • Don't get me wrong, I like made up wordiological confabulatories.
  • Scientifical is a perfectly cromulent word.
  • Wow, this thread is really embiggening my vocabulary!
  • We had better sureify that this thread does not get too ginormous.

(Rym hates ginormous)
  • I hate that word more than you can imagine. It's an affront to language and decency. I shudder when it is spoken, I weep when it is read.
  • Maybe because the "gin" recalls the similar sound from "vagina," and evokes all the vulgar connotations of that word.

Even though ginormous comes from gigantic + enormous...
  • Heh.. I can't imagine ever considering "vagina" to be a vulgar word. Quite the opposite in fact ^_~
  • I don't think the anatomical part itself is vulgar. It's just an organ, whatever. But I really don't like the word "vagina;" I guess because of its hard consonants and the vulgar ways I've seen it used. Then again, our personal experiences with the word probably differ.

In any case, it's not really a word you can say in "polite company." Which is funny, since it's the correct anatomical term for female genitalia, and not a sexually demeaning colloquialism like "cunt" or "pussy." (Wow, that was blunt!) I guess it goes back to Descartian dualism/the western tradition/political correctness, etc etc etc.

Wow, this thread really got off-topic... oops.
  • Wow, what you learn...

Earliest reference for "ginormous"...
    "'A "ginormous" weird looking planet just showed up in the suburbs of Cybertron.' Transformers: The Movie, 1984."
  • ginormous
  • edited March 2006
    I've never really had a problem using the word "vagina" in polite company, really. Then again, I can't think of too many conversations in which the word would actually be used in lieu of its slang counterparts. I think it's just more that it's a word that doesn't come up very often, so it's a bit like, "Ooh. He said the v-word."

I enjoy obfuscating words or attaching unnecessary suffixes. The suffixication of words (according to the principles of suffixicationalism) is an oft-entertaining pasttime.

EDIT: Ginormification
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited March 2006
    "Verbing weirds language."

Linguistic trickery and convolutions amuse me a little too much.
    Post edited by Alex on
  • So yeah, this topic is TOTALLY about spelling/grammar/ginormification
    ::gets out flamethrower::...finger..... slipping..... must... resist.... FLAME
  • Ah, the magic of the gerund.

/grammar nerd