This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My petition to include the tanooki power up in Super Mario Galaxy

edited March 2007 in Everything Else
Hello my fellow FRC forumites.

This is a petition I started to ask Nintendo to include the tanooki power up in Super Mario Galaxy.

As I know that many people here are Nintendo fans I ask that you please sign this petition and spread it to as many people as possible.

Sign the petition here.

Also, if you have a digg account please digg the story I submitted to gain more awareness.
http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Petition_to_include_the_tanooki_power_up_in_Super_Mario_Galaxy

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Umm, to be blunt, this petition isn't going to do shit.

Edit: Buried.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I know that it is not gonna do anything. But it really does not hurt to try, right?
  • I'll second Sail.
  • edited March 2007
    Sorry to say, but this is retarded. The game is pretty much finished and if, IF, they decided to include it into the game, it would pretty much require an entire overhaul. I'm sorry to say, but this is futile at best. New game play aspects cannot just be included willy-nilly. Buried.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I've all but given up on Nintendo doing the amazing things I always want them to do. Sure, they make very good games, but they always stop just short of amazing games. They have opportunities to do things that would greatly enhance the enjoyment of their franchises, such as this, and for some reason almost never go for it.

It's almost as though they make their games just good enough to sell to 90% of their intended market. The games are good enough that we'll buy them anyway, but they could be so much more than they are...-coughWario Ware Smooth Moves-cough-
  • Rym, I agree with you sir.

Nintendo just seems to do what is expected of them (which is still to make stellar games) but they never really go above and beyond.

To preface this I will say that TLoZ:TP is one of my favorite games ever and it is still a great game I just feel I need to get this off my chest.

One of the biggest disappointments of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the lack of voice acting. It is the seventh generation of gaming and Nintendo options not to integrate voice acting into arguably one of the biggest games they have ever game out with. They marketed this Zelda game as a cinematically stylized game but they fail at doing something that every other game company does.
  • The lack of voice acting in Zelda is an artistic decision. Personally, I like it better without voice acting.
  • Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Listen! Listen! Hey! Hey! Hey! Listen! Hey!

stfu
  • edited March 2007
    It makes me so dizzy just watching this stuff. Holy crap, let the disorientation begin!
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited March 2007
    Personally I don't interpret the lack of voice acting ''artistic.''

The reason that Nintendo uses is that they want all people playing the games to be in the characters shoes. Nintendo seems to think that voice acting in games separates the player from the character when in actuality (from what I have observed) voice acting helps the player/viewer identify with the character even more.
    Post edited by LiquidTim on
  • Personally I don't interpret the lack of voice acting ''artistic.''

The reason that Nintendo uses is that they want all people playing the games to be in the characters shoes. Nintendo seems to think that voice acting in games separates the player from the character when in actuality (from what I have observed) voice acting helps the player/viewer identify with the character even more.
    You're obviously not a role-player or an artist.
  • edited March 2007
    That is true. I am not a role-player nor am I an artist.

You obviously must consider that most of the gaming public are not role-players and artists.
    Post edited by LiquidTim on
  • I think the main reason for not adding voice acting to these old franchises is because everyone has an idea of what these characters are like in their mind. If Link were to open his mouth more than just to grunt or gasp, it would shatter people's self-created image of him.

Don't say that Nintendo hates voice acting. After all, Mario has a voice. And the Starfox crew just won't shut up.
  • Hell fucking yes. I want me some Mario-orbiting fun.
  • You know what I want? TRAUMA CENTRE FREAKING WII IN FREAKING AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to go on a rampage if it doesn't come out soon. I want to do surgery with my Wii and I want to do it NOW.
  • Is there any Wii region system? You might be able to import it.
  • Sadly yes there is.