This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Boston

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Shit. All this con talk. Since I can't make ACen this year (not that anyone hear here has announced plans of going), I'm going to work some magic next year. I'll be at PAX East or AB if it kills me.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • WindUpBird, please come! I'd really love to hang out with you!
  • WindUpBird, please come! I'd really love to hang out with you!
    Yeah, definitely. I've been wanting to meet a bunch of people from these boards for a while, and cons are probably the best place to do it.
  • Yeah, definitely. I've been wanting to meet a bunch of people from these boards for a while, and cons are probably the best place to do it.
    The chance of me being at PAX East next year is less than zero. Lord knows where I'll be in a year, though, so no guarantees, but if I manage it we need to meet.
  • Yeah, definitely. I've been wanting to meet a bunch of people from these boards for a while, and cons are probably the best place to do it.
    The chance of me being at PAX East next year is less than zero. Lord knows where I'll be in a year, though, so no guarantees, but if I manage it we need to meet.
    I already decided to NOT do AB next year in favor of PAX East.
  • I already decided to NOT do AB next year in favor of PAX East.
    We have it on good authority that Anime Boston had around 4,000 fewer pre-reges this year. PAX is a force.
  • We have it on good authority that Anime Boston had around 4,000 fewer pre-reges this year. PAX is a force.
    Should be quite a party for those of us that remain. Cya next weekend.
  • edited March 2010
    So, AB role call!

Going:
    George
    Karl Yo
    Rym
    Emperor Scotticus
    Grand Fujoshi Sempai Viga
    Neito
    Alex
    Hitman
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • So, AB role call!
    I choose emperor as my role.
  • So, AB role call!
    Here.
  • So, AB role call!
    Grand Fujoshi Sempai signing in!
  • I wish for you to refer to me by my full name: Lord of All that is Beantown, his highness, Neito.
  • I'll be there on Saturday.
  • Does anyone need a hotel room for AB?
  • I'll be there in spirit, but I'll need someone to carry my swag bag cause, you know, spirit.
  • I've just had a thought about the low attendance numbers of AB. Maybe it's not pax, but Easter.
  • I've just had a thought about the low attendance numbers of AB. Maybe it's not pax, but Easter.
    There are low attendance numbers for AB? Plus, they picked Easter weekend? That's kinda crazy.
  • Yeah, the Easter weekend was a bad pick, I could only go today. The only crowded panel I went to was Dubs That TIme Forgot, and that was because they put it in a stupid small room, they should have had it in the room Rym and Scott had for their Bite Sized Anime panel later. This was one of the rooms PAX was using for board games, if that helps give reference. It was awesome, though, even though I had to stand on the side of the room for the whole thing. Bite Sized Anime was also really good, I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time, and I really hope they post the show list soon, as I want to go and download all of them.
  • Plus, they picked Easter weekend? That's kinda crazy.
    Apparently it's on Easter every few years, and that doesn't account for a significant drop usually.
  • Apparently it's on Easter every few years, and that doesn't account for a significant drop usually.
    They have done it at least once and possibly twice since I began going(before this one) and it ticks me off when they do because Easter Sunday is family time for me.
  • This con has made me WAY TOO TIRED.
  • edited April 2010
    Damn it! Fure kappa is STILL STUCK in my head!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Viga, did you recognize me when I took over Panel 202 after your Otaku TV talk, lol?
  • Viga, did you recognize me when I took over Panel 202 after your Otaku TV talk, lol?
    I'm surprised anyone recognized you with that Arashi cosplay.
  • Damn it! Fure kappa is STILL STUCK in my head!
    Fura Kappa
    With an "a".
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if you guys were thinking WTF? when I waved the other night while talking w/ Erin & Noah.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if you guys were thinking WTF? when I waved the other night while talking w/ Erin & Noah.
    At first I didn't until I put two and two together and realized that the next panel was one of yours. Then I turned to Jed and said; "That Arashi was Alex! What the hot just happened!"

By the way, Hot cosplay!
  • Thanks for the headsup.

I think they probably saw this coming . . . at the 10 year anniversary panel (which must have been 2013?), one of the committee members showed a growth chart, and it looked like they'd outgrow Hynes capacity within a few years.
  • If I get off the wait list I will be an exhibitor there, otherwise I will be passing again.