This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wesnoth Tourney Extravaganza!!!one!1oneone

edited April 2007 in Video Games
Alright. We have been pushing off a forum game event for too long, so we are going to finally get this one going because it is free, everyones computer can handle it, and it's awesome. What I have been thinking is:
  • 1 v 1
  • Double elimination
  • Some sort of prize? Maybe? We will figure that out later
We don't have to start it right away. I'm thinking that we plan it for the summer to allow time for practice and wait till school is out for those who are still in school. What do you guys think about this idea? It can hold us off gaming wise during this Wii/PC/DS gaming drought.

Comments

• Perfect. I'm in. We should definitely start making teams soon. Maybe the winner of this tournament can get a chance to play against Rym and Scott...in a team.
  • Count me in.
  • edited April 2007
    Still, we should balance out the teams according to skill level. Who will be selecting the teams?
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • I think we will see who and how many people sign up.
  • I am, of course, in.
  • Let's do this.
  • RymRym
    edited April 2007
    You might be happy to know that you can conduct this tourney on the Official FRC Wesnoth Server. ^_~
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Gadzooks! Count me in! Go forth, noble steed, and claim thy destiny!
  • I'm in ^_^

And if you're worried about mine or Scott's skills, I'd suggest you worry more about Alex... ^_~
  • We may just want to do 1 vs 1 instead of teams because it would be more logistically feasible. What do you guys think?

• And if you're worried about mine or Scott's skills, I'd suggest you worry more about Alex... ^_~
    Bwahaha! My legions of the undead shall crush you all.
  • Bwahaha! My legions of the undead shall crush you all.
    I shall cleanse your evil plague from the face of this earth.
  • edited April 2007
    Nevermind (about this post).
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Awesome. I'm in.
  • I prefer teams, though...
  • Ok, here are the people which are signed up for the tourney.
    • SniperDragon
    • Jason
    • Waterispoison
    • Bromley
    • Railith
    • Sail
    • Alex
    • Rym
    • Kiwi-Bird
    • Starfox
    We have enough people for five teams. It would be nice if two more people signed up to make the bracket work easier but it's not necessary. How would you guys like to select who is on who's team? Would you like to assign them randomly? Just choose your own partners?
  • Assigning teams randomly seems like the most fair way to go.
  • No way! Pikachu -- I choose you!
  • Yep. Assign numbers and use a random number generator.
  • Randomness!
  • Fuck teams. It is now 1v1.
  • "Ok then." he said, as he silently wonders to himself why Scott did not enter.
  • "Ok then." he said, as he silently wonders to himself why Scott did not enter.
    Scott wonders how people have time to do this stuff.
  • Summer is here, and it's time to revive tourney.
  • Scott wonders how people have time to do this stuff.
    MasterOfTheUniverse agrees, and that is why MasterOfTheUniverse will not be joining this tourney.

God, that's a mouthfull.
  • I'll lose to you anytime, Rob, with a little bit of notice. Send up the smoke signals when you're ready to start.
  • edited June 2007
    I'm busy tonight, but I'll take you on tomorrow.
    Post edited by Sail on