This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I think there's going to be a new dance: Lucky Star

edited April 2007 in Everything Else
Here's the opening for Lucky Star I would bet that within the next couple of weeks we will see what has been happening with the haruhi dance.

EDIT: It's already happened >.<

Mirrored Version

Mirrored 1/2 speed

Comments

• Here's the opening for Lucky StarI would bet that within the next couple of weeks we will see what has been doine with haruhi.
    Oh, Lucky Star is Haruhi related?
  • Not that I know of it just has a dance for the opening
  • I just watched the opener on the YouTubes. I don't think it's going to catch on like the Haruhi. Judging from the opener, the show doesn't have the mass appeal of Haruhi. More importantly, the opening song isn't catchy. Some fans out there will definitely learn this and be huge fans. Most people won't care about Lucky Star or its dance. You definitely won't see flash mobs doing this one. That's my prediction.
  • Mirrored 1/2 speed video is freaking hilarious.
  • I just download this show last night because all the Haruhi fans are going crazy over it. I haven't watched it yet, though.
  • edited April 2007
    For that show to be actually be passable, good, and 100% better on the first 2.5 seconds a huge giant monster have to step on all the loli-like characters so they can be gone for good. It does not need to be bloody, I would just put them there as a shadow comes down to them and then a cut seen to a X( face and a slash or mash sound, then the next seen would be a giant robot/monster cleaning his foot onto a building like nothing happened. And then to save the day The Crusher Joe and The Dominion Tank Police guys unite forces to cleanse this horrid abomination.
    Please Japan no more moe!
    NO more moe!
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I have the first ep, it's not too bad. I'd say it's a combination of Azumanga Daiou and Genshikan, I didn't notice any moe yet so that's a good start.
  • I have read the wiki and you my good sir might be on to something. But alas the character design! Why Japan? Why ? I mean they are suppose to be high schoolers. This show is definitely suppose to appeal to J Otaku.
  • edited April 2007
    Wow and the first episode only came out on April 8th, (edit) and look at the submission date on the stepmania video... that means that they did all that the first night it came out O.O (/edit) I don't want to go to far here, but this looks as though Scott's predictions may be *gasp* wrong ^_^

And for the record, I think the opening song is pretty catchy myself.
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • I must saddly say that I can't take it out of my head and I am hating myself for it :(
  • edited April 2007
    Hate to say it but the theme song doesn't really do anything for me. In fact it's kind of meh.
    Post edited by baltmatrix on
  • Hate to say it but the theme song doesn't really do anything for me. In fact it's kind of meh.
    I was saying that yesterday at night but the %#$ing song still in my !@#@ing head. I cannot even write right! :(
  • The song is pretty terrible but somehow catchy as hell. I blame Kyoto Animatinon and over animating the opening to a merely ok show.
  • The song is pretty terrible but somehow catchy as hell. I blame Kyoto Animatinon and over animating the opening to a merely ok show.
    You see what I am saying!
    I am not crazy damn it!
  • It reminds me of like three DDR songs mashed up into one song...
  • Here's the opening for Lucky StarI would bet that within the next couple of weeks we will see what has been doine with haruhi.
    Oh, Lucky Star is Haruhi related?
    Actually they are, both are animated by Kyoto Animation.
  • I was also pretty leery of the show since it looked like nothing but a silly moe fest. However, I was pretty sure my favorite anime blogger was going to be watching it and if his witty commentary could make Zero no Tsukaima watchable it could probably make this one ok too. I can't say the opening impressed me that much, but the opening gag of the show just had me chuckling more and more and I ended up enjoying the episode a lot for just the humor. If slice of life comedy is your thing I'd recommend checking it out.
  • edited April 2007
    I have watched the second episode and ...
    Well, on the second episode there was 75% of otaku commentary, 10% of slice of life , and the rest was pure moe.

But I am sad to say that what the next character says is ok with me, so I am not hatting it as much as i did before:

also

And Getter 2 (she was imaging a getter as a dentist)

If they are only using Getter Robo to appeal to me I WILL CRUSH THEM!

Because no one uses GETTER ROBO!
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Some otaku commentary is fine too.
  • It's fucking happened exactly as I expected it!!
  • This is just for you mitsukai.
  • That is the most ingenious commercial EVER
  • Actually when my friend showed me the promo I couldn't stand it, I thought "great... another moe crap show"