This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

You're all going to hate me for this...

After listening to the recent episode with Rym waxing fondly of egg custards (I myself enjoy them greatly), my curiosity was piqued when he said they were each "5000 calories." So, being the wonderful humanitarian that I am, I looked into it, and now I hate myself for knowing.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hong-Kong-Style-Egg-Tarts/Nutrition.aspx

425 calories per custard, 194 coming from fat. 21.5 grams of fat (33% RDV), 11.0 grams saturated (60% RDV), and 225 mg of cholesterol (75% RDV) top the list of bad stuff. Of course, being made of egg, that is to expected, as are the 10 grams of protein that each custard contains.

Of course, they're still awesome.

Comments

• You can't eat 10 grams of protein!
  • You can't eat 10 egg custards.... and live to tell about it.
  • I ate four once.
  • That's still healthier than a Big Mac.
  • Oh man, dim sum is never going to be the same. :-(
  • Ahh so that's an egg tart! I've seen them around in China town but never tried them, although I've felt tempted. Not touching them now though... =_=;;
    Something tells me those red bean and lotus buns aren't too healthy either... They're a bit needlessly oily and sweet, but I still can't keep my hands off them. XP
  • Not touching them now though... =_=;;
    Try one at least once. It tastes really good!
  • edited April 2007
    Do you know how dangerous that is? Judging by all the wonderful things you've said about it I'm bound to get hooked... <_<
    The day I strengthen my self control I just might...
    Post edited by fuurin on
  • You can't eat 10 BIG MACS! LOL.
  • I'm a leeetle bit hung over and read "Rym waxing egg custards".
  • I hope you guys realize that nearly everything that is dim sum is not good for you at all. Everything is covered in oil or is made out of delicious fatty meat. But don't let that stop you wooses. Now I'm going back to eat my 5 pounds of tripe.