This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• I couldn't find the one I wanted to post =(
  • What's opera is awesome. That is all.
  • edited April 2007
    Wile E. Coyote is the man. I always wanted him to get that Beep Beep Beeping idiot.

More:
    Fast and Furry-ous
    A Go Go

I always thought Yosemite Sam was teh awesome as well, and I wanted him to smack the hell out of Bugs. Sadly, this is the only clip I could find with him on short notice. I really want to see the one that is a Lawrence of Arabia spoof where he's constantly shouting "Woah! Woah, camel!"

EDIT: This one.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I always thought Yosemite Sam was teh awesome as well
    I always loved his "Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
  • WIP, I hope you realize what you've done. I was planning to sleep tonight, but now I'm caught watching Looney Tunes.

Here's Pirate Sam just for Scott.

Oh, and Google Video gave me Sahara Hare. Woooooaaaah Camel!

And Bunker Hill Bunny.

Not to mention High Diving Hare.
  • edited April 2007
    Pirate Sam and Sahara Hare are some of the best. I remember back in the day that Looney Tunes would be on different channels at different times. If you watched it on Nickelodeon daily after school, you would get Bosco or some other old toons. If you watched it on the local channel daily, you got the normal run. If you watched it on ABC on Saturday morning, you got the best. The only times I was ever able to see Pirate Sam was on some lucky Saturdays. That's the one with the talcum powder, right? I love that bit.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I miss the old Saturday morning Looney Toons on ABC. I know a lot of these cartoons are 50 years old now, but I think they stand up to the test of time. Many of them, I think, are entering the public domain stage, and I'll be surprised if some cheap little cable channel doesn't pick them up.
  • I miss the old Saturday morning Looney Toons on ABC. I know a lot of these cartoons are 50 years old now, but I think they stand up to the test of time. Many of them, I think, are entering the public domain stage, and I'll be surprised if some cheap little cable channel doesn't pick them up.
    Because of the Mickey Mouse Protection Act, nothing is going to enter the public domain for another ~20 years, and then it's going to start in the 1920's. We're a long way away from anything entering the public domain, and given our current government's love for the easy money, I don't think anything will ever enter the public domain again.
  • Because of the Mickey Mouse Protection Act, nothing is going to enter the public domain for another ~20 years, and then it's going to start in the 1920's. We're a long way away from anything entering the public domain, and given our current government's love for the easy money, I don't think anything will ever enter the public domain again.
    I thought it took 75 years to enter public domain. What is this Mickey Mouse Protection Act?
  • edited April 2007
    There is a lot of media moving into the public domain every year, and not necessarily because of expiration. Here are some cartoons from Warner Brothers already in the PD, and here are a shit-ton of clips, films, episodes, educational shorts, and radio spots in the PD as well.

As for the MMPA, not all companies choose to use it; it also doesn't count if a company goes belly-up and nobody claims the rights to the content.
    Post edited by Jason on