This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

suggestion for tech day

edited March 2006 in GeekNights
Can you guys talk about which monitors are best for color accuracy? At least with lcds.

Comments

• I'll second that. A good discussion on what to look for in a good LCD (or two) would be very helpful. Also maybe a discussion on good ergonomics (we gotta stop carpel tunnel some how!).
  • I'd be interested in hearing a show on nuclear weapons, as well as the latest in military technology.
  • Heh... I was waiting for -you- to suggest something like that ^_~

I only used it as an example due to an argument Scott and I had just before we went on the air, wherein I explained to him how industry-intensive nuclear weapons are to manufacture and maintain. Nukes were thus on my mind ;^)
  • talking about nuclear weapons

http://www.sandia.gov/news-center/news-releases/2006/physics-astron/hottest-z-output.html

that was developed at a nuclear weapons lab i believe, not sure, but if its true...yay!
  • Talk about some sciences. If you get anything wrong, you personally know 3 scientists more than willing to give you audio feedback about everything you got wrong. :p
  • No (biological) virus talk it is too painful to listen to. I'd end up filling up your voicemail with what was wrong :P

Other science/bio stuff go right ahead.
  • I'd like more robot stuff, simply because robots are the coolest threat to mankind ever.
  • Nukes, YEAH! Everybody loves weapons of mass distruction. How about them in general? Biological warfare? Science is geeky, not too much of it is mentioned on GeekNights, though.

How about a discussion of LCD over CRT? In fact...
  • Biological warfare, while cost-effective, is a bit too unpredictable for my tastes. While both are still expensive to produce the array found in a superpower's arsenal, biological and chemical weapons still hold the stigma of being the cheap tin-pot dictator's ultimate weapon.
  • Katsu, It's sounding more like you're the person they should have with them on the show about weapons.
  • Katsu is a bit scary about these things....you should have him on.
  • edited March 2006
    What I lack in depth of knowledge (I can't tell you the operational parameters of a AH-64-D Longbow Attack Helicopter off the top of my head), I try to make up for in breadth of military matters.
    I'm not sure if that disqualifies me from being a military otaku or not, though.
    Post edited by Katsu on