This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dark Crusade

edited April 2007 in Video Games
Anyone here play?

I personally like the Imperial Guard and the Necron the most.

Comments

• Well, I play. Necron got their well-deserved nerf, but I tend to play as either Space Marine, Chaos Space Marine or Imperial Guard.
    =)
  • I play vanilla, only beacause while I have the game, I don't technically own it.....::innocent whistle::
  • Nah, but then again,I'mabitold-fashioned.
    Right there with ya buddy. I'm actually thinking of going to Games Day this year with a bunch of my friends that play.
    Nice models ya got there! I tried to get into the tabletop version, but I found that the armies are a bit too expensive and tedious to assemble for my tastes.
  • I haven't actually played the tabletop game in a little over a year now, as you can tell from my largely unpainted models and such.

One of these days, when I get some more money again, I'm gonna get back into this horrible, horrible, money sink of a hobby.

Jekkio: You are lucky that you can't afford it, because this game EATS YOUR SOUL.
    Looks to me like some Blood Ravens ¬.¬ *Internet High-5*
    Looks to me like some Blood Ravens ¬.¬ *Internet High-5*
    Those are old-style Blood Angels - note the Death Company and the dreadnought. I also have a largely unassembled Tyranid army in those pics.
  • I also have a largely unassembled Tyranid army in those pics.
    Nid's are a bitch to paint. Having Grey Knights allows me to match firepower with the minimum amount of models required. Plus they look really really cool. ^_^
  • I liked the game overall. The voice acting was meh compared to Dawn of War, but I'd say Dark Crusade has a much better single-player and is less broken in terms of the Space Marines just killing everything.

I like playing as the Space Marines and Necron.

I wonder what happened to the Tyranid and Dark Eldar . . . I'd take DE over Tau any day.
  • The Tau are the only truly alien force in 40k. Chaos are just bad guys and monsters, Necrons are just undead, and the Tyranid are just bug monsters. And if I remember correctly, GW said they were no longer going to be developing new DE stuff, but they will be supporting the stuff that is already made.
  • What about Vanilla Eldar?
  • old fashioned you say?

I'm down with the occasional bout of 40K table top play.
  • Eldar were meant to be elves in space, the same way that the Dark Eldar are dark elves in space, and orks are orcs with guns and such.
  • I still have some of the original Rogue Trader minis.