This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Prisoner

edited April 2007 in Everything Else
My dad Netflixed this series from the 60s called The Prisoner. He said I would really like it because of how strange it was, but I was extremely skeptical. I've seen the first episode, and it is pure awesome. Start watching it now. Go on, you'll enjoy it.

Comments

• I've always wanted to see this. Good to know it can be Netflixed.
  • This is one of my favorite series ever, i highly recommend people checking it out.
  • The Prisoner is awesome. When I was growing up, my dad and I always said goodbye by doing the "Be seeing you!" thing. Great, great series.
  • The Prisoner is amazing. I give it my highest recommendation. It's one of those things that, dare I say it, you can not be considered a human being if you don't enjoy it.
  • The Prisoner is amazing. I give it my highest recommendation. It's one of those things that, dare I say it, you can not be considered a human being if you don't enjoy it.

You must have a very narrow definition of human beings, because I don't think The Prisoner is really very popular, alas.
    You must have a very narrow definition of human beings, because I don't think The Prisoner is really very popular, alas.
    I am not excluding people who have never been exposed to The Prisoner. I am only saying that if you have been exposed to it and didn't enjoy it, then you are not human. Or perhaps just better off dead.
  • Yeah, so guys, if you ever had any doubts, let me make this clear: You should watch The Prisoner.

There's a remake that's on TV now though, don't watch that one. You want the British one.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    The Prisoner kicks ass. I cannot deny anything Sail or Rhinocero says as you really have to be somewhat of a not-good person to not enjoy this wonderful show. Although it was always available online to watch on PBS.org or something like that.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • you really have to be somewhat of a not-good person to not enjoy this wonderful show.
    You really should stop saying things like this.
  • edited November 2009
    To be fair, I said something to the same effect first that Matt was simply echoing. I did, however, write it two years ago and it was very tongue and cheek.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I watched the first night of the remake and found it ponderous and pretentious, despite the fine acting talents of Ian McKellen. Although I know the original was released in the 1970s, the one on AMC seems far too much like a Lost rehash/competitor with its vague psycho-artistic intrigue.
  • edited May 2011
    Matt just told me that the original The Prisoner can be watched on the AMC website. No excuses anymore, people.

[Edit] That link now only goes to the shitty recent remake. Don't watch that.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Matt just told me that the original The Prisoner can be watched on theAMC website. No excuses anymore, people.
    Nope none at all.