This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Babel Fish Game!

edited April 2007 in Forum Game
OK, here's how to play: someone will post a famous movie quote after sending it through Babel Fish a few times. Other people will try to figure out what the original quote was. I will begin with:

"Desire not to communicate with you not in addition, you of empty-headed of the depression of the food animal! Purification in its general sense!"

Now, you guys will put it into it's original form and state where it's from and who said it.

Comments

• Could be "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."
  • I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction!
  • I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction!
    Win! And, I'm guessing you all know that this line is from Quest for the Holy Grail, and was said by one of the Frenchmen at the French Castle.

Now, someone, please post your own Babel Fish quote... fuxings, so that others can decipher it!
  • I did one that everyone has heard before.

"Truth of possibility of the thing which does that immediately that is not"

It was run thoroughly through babelfish. Good luck!
  • This should be undecipherable. It's been through babelfish in English, Italian, French, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese (though not in that order).

"It is - truly is the choice in the certain quantity people if ve is pulled the components, will explode?"

Hint: movie is British.
  • This should be undecipherable. It's been through babelfish in English, Italian, French, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese (though not in that order).

"It is - truly is the choice in the certain quantity people if ve is pulled the components, will explode?"

Hot Fuzz.
    "Is it true that there is a place in a man's head that if you shoot it, it will blow up?"

Hot Fuzz.
    "Is it true that there is a place in a man's head that if you shoot it, it will blow up?"
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHY?! Was it the hint?!
  • No, it was actually the "pulled the components" and "will explode" parts.
  • edited March 2008
    "In all cities of all worlds whole gin it, which it connects with meinsen, which went walking you."

Went English > Japanese > English > Italian > French > German. Should still be real easy, if you know your movie quotes.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • It's from Casablanca (I think):
    "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."