This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Internet Radio in Trouble

edited May 2007 in News
This has been giving me panic attacks. How worried should I be about losing my Live365 and such? Will Yahoo radio and Napster survive?

Comments

• edited May 2007
    The big companies will, but the small independents would not be able to cope with the fees. I feel this is what it's targeted at: the small people with low listener bases. If this goes through, and the appeal fails, I think we will be seeing some more overseas music. This whole thing is a horrible idea. i think One of the stations here in Ohio decided to just go independent, and is now a modern rock station that is based on listener donations. I try to support them all I can.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • This can't be good news.

null
  • Great, so we're going to have corporate internet radio just like we have corporate airwaves radio.

So much for things belonging to the people, eh?
  • Frankly, I couldn't care less.  The owners of the music have the right to charge whatever they want for however anyone wants to distribute their music.  If they're so short-sighted as to go in this direction, good luck and good riddance to them.  The future will be with music that isn't so encumbered. 
    I hope they go all the way.  I hope they keep making it harder and harder to distribute this sort of music.  I hope they burn their own bridges down.  Internet radio dying would be wonderful for independent music. ^_^