This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Free Comic Book Day

Comments

• It's May 3rd this year. I get to work it, so that means first pick! Haha!

Hey what do you guys think of lil postcards getting stuck into each bag? We always get these advertising postcards for big arcs in the comics - things like the Secret Invasion arc as well as conventions - and they sit there until the arc or the con is over and we throw them away. Is it annoying to get these in bags for you guys? I love those things myself, I use them as bookmarks.
  • I don't know how FCBD goes in Australia, but if there's something decent to get somewhere nearby, I might bother.
  • FCBD does go in Australia - Comics ETC in brisbane are doing it I know for sure, and I'll be visiting every single store I know of.
  • Lackofcheese, just check here.
  • OMG! Thanks for reminding me!
  • Fair enough. I would have to catch a bus into the city to visit those stores, so I will consider it.
    If somone says that there are awesome comics available, then I will certainly go.
  • My friend is attending C.A.P.E. tomorrow in Dallas, Texas. We live pretty close to Dallas so it is no big commute. My roommate and I are going to our local comic book store, Premier Comics, tomorrow and see what all we can get. I hate to sound stupid, but how do things go down on free comic book day? I understand that there will be free comics, so that joke won't be very affective.
  • My friend is attending C.A.P.E. tomorrow in Dallas, Texas. We live pretty close to Dallas so it is no big commute. My roommate and I are going to our local comic book store, Premier Comics, tomorrow and see what all we can get. I hate to sound stupid, but how do things go down on free comic book day? I understand that there will be free comics, so that joke won't be very effective.
  • I just found a comic shop that's around 25 minutes from my house, so I'll probably go there on Saturday. Looking to pick up transformers comics (I believe I saw one in the FCBD section), and the Gekiga sampler.
    The transformers comic might not be the best idea. Last year's transformers was pretty bad, and only looked pretty. this years comic is based on the new cartoon which is the worst transformers series I have ever seen. The issue is supposed to be the same as the first episode so it will probably suck just as much. You are better off just getting the Simpson's comic.
  • Seeing that makes me a little sad. There's a good chance that I won't be able to get down to the shop today because the site of the group English project has been moved to my house which is much farther from it than the house we were at yesterday.
  • Too late for me; 4th of May here.
  • My friend is attending C.A.P.E. tomorrow in Dallas, Texas. We live pretty close to Dallas so it is no big commute. My roommate and I are going to our local comic book store, Premier Comics, tomorrow and see what all we can get. I hate to sound stupid, but how do things go down on free comic book day? I understand that there will be free comics, so that joke won't be veryeffective.
    Thank you for catching that for me! I was only able to grab Neotopia: The Enlightened Age, Maximum Ride, Devil vs. Claw, Atomic Robo, and Broken Trinity Prelude. I didn't see a Sonic the Hedgehog one though, because we did not get to the comic shop until 3pm. I think this will be something I will do every year from now on. I hope everyone had a good Free Comic Book Day!
  • (Scott's pic)
    Damn you Scott Rubin! :P

Yeah, I didn't get to the shop until evening and i think they ran out of most things I wanted. Most of the things....in that pic....*cries*
  • I didn't get to go =(
  • Hellboy is the only above average thing there.
  • Tiny Titans and Gumby are both totally awesome.
  • I picked up the Ignatz, Imaginary Friends studios, and Simpsons comic books. After looking at the Ignatz previewer, I really must read Epileptic by David B.
  • I was able to pick up a number of free books (nowhere near Scott). I think my most anticipated is the EC Comic Sampler. I wanted to get Atomic Robo but no luck.
  • Tiny Titans and Gumby are both totally awesome.
    I just read them both last night. They were pretty awesome.
  • Yeah, I also didn't make it to the store until late. The only thing I wanted that they had left was transformers (really not big into superheros. They had some superman comics left, but I just didn't bother).

But since it was the first time me and my friend have been to that comic shop, we browsed around. They had piles and piles of old comic issues for 50 cents each, so I got 4 transformers issues. They're probably shitty, but it was only $2, so it's not that big of a deal.
  • I have read all but one of the comics I picked up. So far, I like how Maximum Ride, Atomic Robo, and Neozoic look. I wish that I could have gotten more, but my comic shop only limited each customer to five comics each. My roommate has five different comics than I picked up so I'll see how those are.
  • I only stopped by one comic shop and bought some trades because the shop had a 25% sale. I didn't get as much as Scott, however not a bad haul. ^^

• I only stopped by one comic shop and bought some trades because the shop had a 25% sale. I didn't get as much as Scott, however not a bad haul. ^^
    For a second I was like wtf, you got books we didn't get. Then I realized those weren't FCBD books.
  • Gyro Gearloose, Fuck yeah!
    High five! Actually though, the Gumby comic is the awesome.
  • It's too bad that they don't do that here since I've seen many good comic stores here.
    High five! Actually though, the Gumby comic is the awesome.
    Buggered if I know, I got there too late, and all the free books were gone. I just hung around checking out random manga and Underwear pervert comics, bought two volumes of Initial D and The Trade of "The Dark Tower" comic book, stuck up a geeknights flyer - though I think someone nicked it five minutes later while I was chatting to some punk kids about manga.

Does anyone remember Gizmoduck?
  • Does anyone remember Gizmoduck?
    Hell yeah! When I was a kid, he was my favorite thing on Duck Tales for obvious reasons.
  • Oh man, I just remembered - I bought a tape of Ducktales a while back, and it had something called "The Darkwing Duck Rap" - I think "Well, Rap isn't fantastic, but hey, How bad can it be?"

The correct answer to this is Hillariously so.