This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Halo 2 mods

My friend and I wanted to know if there is a way, too get mods for Halo 2 and burn it it too a disc and play it on the XBOX?

Comments

• No, it's not that simple.

You have to start out by putting a modchip into the XBOX, which may require some soldering, and will require some money for the chip. Then, you have to flash the bios of the XBOX, and put programs onto the hard drive. After that, it's another long and drawn out process to extract the skins and values for items and vehicles in the game and change them.

So yeah, it's not that easy.
  • Now, the pc version, which I saw in Gamestop today, probably a different story.
  • Yeah, the PC version of Halo 2 has it's own map editor. I was really big on Halo 1 modding and changing gun skins and projectiles, but they made it really difficult to do. You had to inject them into the game with like 4 programs, and you could only edit the skins in Photoshop, etc. At one point, when I was still on dial-up, Bungie did release a large Halo 1 editing program, because they saw the number of modded games that were being played, but alas, I couldn't download it, as I was on dial-up, and now I just don't care.

Now though, Bungie has added a map editor and game editor, so that it isn't as hard to edit and do things to the game. Anyway, I probably won't be buying Halo 2 for PC, because I have no money/need a new computer, but I think it has great possibilities.
  • Well apperantly, for the Halo 2 Pc Ver. it can only run on vista. Unless someone has found away around it, we are out of luck.
  • I wouldn't mind having if for the pc. Despite what Rym and Scott say about the games, I really enjoy them for the story and mythos they present. And I am WELL aware it wasn't that ground-breaking of a game. Hell, most people consider quake to be the first "real" 3d fps. What about Terminator: Future Shock? If anyone can find a copy of it after it was ported to win95(in a Future Shock/Skynet bundle), try it. It was a Halflife with a liscensed Terminator future setting, but before Quake 1 came out. Also, if I remember correctly, it had multi-player co-op. And in said co-op, multiple people could opperate multiple parts of a vehicle they commandeered, Such as one driving a jeep, one working the mounted repeating laser.

Yeah, I first saw quake and thought "What's the big deal?" the same way that most hardcore pc fps players see Halo. Then again, I used to play the Marathon games...