This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

watch rym and scott live

edited April 2006 in GeekNights
Rym and scott,
i had an idea for your podcast. would you guys put a webcam during your show so we can see and here you live?? last, who the #!%%$%$%!$%$ is dj pretzel

Comments

• They covered one of those earlier. DJ pretzel is a guy on OC remix whose music they are using.
  • Well, I think it would be interesting to a totally unedited video of you guys doing a podcast, including any mistakes or things you would normally cut out. However, I don't really care if it's live as long as I can download it somewhere without the crappy quality and the five fps of a standard webcam. Besides, I'm not sure where you could easily get a server to handle a live podcast to all over the world unless Rym accidently went to work and somehow set it up there.
  • Yeah, live video is not techologically feasible. Not unless you want to pay us for it. We don't even have decent video equipment. We'd have to buy some. Also, we don't sit anywhere near each other when we do the podcast, so we'd have to move around and be uncomfortable. Audio outtakes we can handle.
  • Rym sits at his computer desk, facing the wall, and Scott lays down on the futon in Rym's room, generally looking at another wall or Rym's back. They remain there, just like that, for the duration of the podcast.

It's not terribly exciting to watch.
  • Heh...

A more exciting videocast would be to watch us play board games. ;^)
  • edited April 2006
    Not only is it not technologically feasible, but jesus, do you really want to see two dudes sit in a room and talk to eachother? Or play video games? Or see Scoot lose horribly to Rym at some game and go into a denial hissyfit? :D
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Actually, we've somewhat decided to get a decent digicam for periodic videocasts. Definitely not a regular thing, but occaisional, special segments or interviews. Don't expect this for some time, but expect it. ^_~
  • edited April 2006
    Video podcasts? SICK! Now will those show up in iTunes or will I have to download those separately?
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Heh.. If and when we do anything like this, it will be a seperate download on the site or in the forum. We would certainly not be doing it on any regular enough basis to warrant a feed.
  • It might be best to mention it in the pod-cast, and host a torrent of the file when you do it. I think that might save the most bandwidth. Maybe after a month, you might be able to just place it on the website.
  • We have unmetered bandwidth, so that wouldn't really be an issue. ^_^