This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Poutine and more!

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
Dude... Rym... you've got to be kidding me. I don't know what's with Americans and never having had, or heard of, the almighty Poutine (Which we in Western Canada call "Poo-Teen"). If you've never had it before, Rym isn't screwing with you. That's a damn fine dish.

Since this thread went nowhere, recommend your little known foods and must have treats!

Comments

• Couple of Thai desserts that few people ever encounter:

Kanom Krok

Foi Tong

Also, those buns made of palm sugar. They look like small grey buns and have a texture like slightly springy bread. They're becoming rare even in Thailand now as the younger generation prefer brightly coloured western confectionaries.
  • I don't know how well these are known, but they sure are yummy.

Jalebis- Indian syrup-filled mini pretzel pastries
  • I would kill for one of those right now. Those Indians (I assume you mean dots, not feathers?) sure know how to party.
  • Why do I keep thinking this thread is about poontang?
  • Simple. Easy to make. Delicious. But my recipe is teh best. XD

Now you want a cookie, don't you?
  • edited May 2007
    I love Poutine.
    When i went to Canada last year, i got this in some road side dinner. It was great i think thats all i ate for the week. I must've gain 20 pounds.
    Post edited by lorddragonslayer on
  • I could drive to a very nearby restaurant and order Poutine. That's what you get when you live next to Quebec. However, I've lived here for over 10 years, and I've yet to eat Poutine.
  • I love Poutine.
    When i went to Canada last year i got this in some road side dinner it was great i think thats all i ate for the week i was in Canada i must've gain 20 pound.
    The Punctuation Gods slay thee.
  • I am sorry I am stupid *sigh* (When it comes to punctuation at least).