This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ha ha ha ha this video is hilarious! What? You're being serious, oh.

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
I'm starting an assignment on abortion and I found this video. Apparently it is based on a true story.

A mother's anguish.

Comments

• edited May 2007
    Apparently it is based on a true story.
    So what? A mother is hurt and outraged because her daughter didn't inform her of the pregnancy. Of course she is! That doesn't change the fact that the 13 year old girl felt the need to not involve her parents in the abortion. The law gives young girls in that very difficult situation the choice to be protected from hysterical parents.

Does the fact that parents get upset make the law wrong? Should we assume that parents are always right and know what's best for their children? The drama in that video made me laugh a bit too, but it's a serious issue.
    Post edited by navelfluff on
  • It is a serious issue and I agree the person themselves should have the right to chose whether or not they have a child. Parents are not always right, if you are 13 you are most likely not fit to care for a child, and if u chose to not have said child it is there decision.
  • Its not so much the issue that cracked me up, more the video. The woman running in slow motion down the corridor and praying on the desk.
  • edited May 2007
    I took a course last spring "Politics of Life and Death" that focused on abortion and assisted suicide. If you want anything from that class that I did on abortion I can send it to you as a reference pertaining to the American side of things. Just let me know. I got an A in the class so apparently they're pretty good.
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • I took a course last spring "Politics of Life and Death" that focused on abortion and assisted suicide. If you want anything from that class that I did on abortion I can send it to you as a reference pertaining to the American side of things. Just let me know. I got an A in the class so apparently they're pretty good.
    I'm writing a research paper on the future of Roe v. Wade in the United States for my American Politics class.