This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Simcity DS

edited May 2007 in Video Games
I am curious as to what everyone thinks about this upcoming game. Please tell me I am not the only one disappointed that it just looks like a slightly modified Simcity 3000 port.

Comments

• I remember playing SimCity on my old 486.

I vaguely recall screwing around with the tax rates and then making the window real small and letting it run while I was at work.

Doing this made it so your town was 1,000 years behind every neighboring town. They had all the arcology things going on and I would just have a few streets and a ton of money!
  • edited May 2007
    I think that it would be great to even have a SimCity 3000 port. I think this brings a whole new functionality to the game. I mean, the game will be done well by the stylus of the DS. I am waiting to see how this turns out.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • SimCity ruled in 1996.
  • I remember playing SimCity 2000 on a Windows 3.11 with workgroups Packard Bell PC. ^_^
  • Sim City 2000 is the best. Sim City original is still a bit fun because you can make a town with only railroads. I've never played any other Sim City games. However, I did play Sim Ant and Sim Tower. If they make a game as good as Sim City 2000 for DS, I'll buy it. Of course, only after I finish my Pokemans.
  • However, I did play Sim Ant and Sim Tower.
    I was addicted to Sim Tower for the longest time. I have no idea why, but mans that game was fun.
  • However, I did play Sim Ant and Sim Tower.
    I was addicted to Sim Tower for the longest time. I have no idea why, but mans that game was fun.
    I also really like Sim Tower. Interesting fact about this game. Unlike most of the other Sim games, which were developed by Maxis/EA/whatever, Sim Tower was originally a Japanese game called "The Tower". They just ported it over and changed the name. In Japan, I think you can get The Tower for the DS.
  • Did you ever play Sim Copter? That game was also a great one and the cool thing about it was that you could import your Sim City 2000 cities into it and fly around them.
  • Did you ever play Sim Copter? That game was also a great one and the cool thing about it was that you could import your Sim City 2000 cities into it and fly around them.
    I never played it, though I do know about it.
    I never played it, though I do know about it.
    Its pretty good but some of the physics are a bit shit. Like people falling through buildings, helicopters flying through trains etc.
  • edited May 2007
    I second the love for Sim Tower. Sim Copter was pretty cool too, I think I still have that somewhere.

EDIT: Download SimTower here
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • I second the love for Sim Tower. Sim Copter was pretty cool too, I think I still have that somewhere.

EDIT:Download SimTower here
    I forgot about Sim Tower! I got a bunch of Sim games free with a computer when I was about 14, awesome funness.
  • There's YooT Tower, which is plays almost the same way.