This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Those shiny pokemon

edited May 2007 in Video Games
Thought it would be nice to have a place to tell us about your shinies :)
If you got them in a wireless trade they are probably hacked, I'm speaking of shinies you really met.

In all my pokemon life (and I've played a lot since the first titles), I've only met one in Green Leaf.
I was breeding to get some different natures Cleffa and one of them turned out to have green ears :) I had a really hard day and all my troubles went away!
It's holding an everstone and will never evolve, too cute !

What about you guys, ever met any shinies ?
(sorry for my spelling and phrasing, I'm French) :P

Comments

• The only shiny I have encountered was encountered by my daughter about 20 minutes into her game of Diamond.

She caught a shiny Shinx.

Daven, don't forget to add your Pokemon code into the DS Codes thread.
  • I wonder if it is possible to catch the fable Red Gyarados?
    I've been wondering that too.

In the begining of Diamond and Pearl the big news story is about the Red Gyarados in the nearby lake.
    Hey! I totally forgot that was the plot that started the game. I had assumed that since it was the plot that got the game started that, you would inevitably run into it at the end of the game. I am surprised that now that I am 3 badges in, I completely forgot about the Red Gyarados! It is now my mission to get one. I am surprised at the relative infrequency of encountering off-colored Pokemon. So far the only Pokemon I have more than one color of is the Hippowhatever.
  • The Hippo guy has two different color schemes that are male/female based.

Diamond and Peal added gender based differences in Pokemon. For example, on Pikachu the female has a "V" cut at the end of her tail.
  • I have a Shiny Rhyhorn, but that's it.
  • I've had a red Gyarados. I think it was in Pogeymon gold on the GBC. All i know is that if they dont have it in the new games then that kinda sucks.
  • edited May 2007
    I've only had a shiny Spinarak in Gold.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • Well I beat gold and got almost all the poke'mon in the game. I had like 4 shiny ones.
  • You fight the Red Gyarados in G/S.
    I played Silver back in the day, and I don't remember any Red Gyarados.
    I played Silver back in the day, and I don't remember any Red Gyarados.
    It is true you can get the Red Gyarados in G/S . I got one back in the day but it was in emulator form.
  • edited August 2007
    I do remember the red gyarados. It was in a lake somewhere, I think. By the way, do you know where I can get a ditto for Diamond version? Thanks XD
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I don't believe it! I just caught a shiny Zigzagoon in my Ruby game!

I was running around catching random Pokemon so I could trade them with the ones I want in my Emerald game (got to get past that one migration per 24 hours rule) when I ran into a shiny Zigzagoon! Guess I should have been hunting where the real cool Pokemon are!
  • Nice! :)

The color difference is subtile. Tiny bit more orange.

But shinys are always cool !
  • Nice! :)

The color difference is subtile. Tiny bit more orange.

But shinys are always cool !
    Which leads to the real question: Should I evolve it?
  • Totally, Linoone looks way cooler than Zigzagoon.
  • For people who want to look them up, serebii.net has a diamond/pearl pokedex with male/female variations and shiny versions of all 493 pokémon.

I still haven't come across any shiny pokémon, but a friend of mine recently acquired a shiny eevee and evolved it into an umbreon. Aaahh, it looks so cool...

• I still haven't come across any shiny pokémon, but a friend of mine recently acquired a shiny eevee and evolved it into anumbreon. Aaahh, it looks so cool...
    Where can you get a regular Eevee? I thought the only way to get one was from the guy who gives you one in the original game.
  • I think you get one as a gift from the girl who runs your PC. After that, you can breed them.

Yeah, it looks like you can also get them in the Trophy Garden.
  • I think you get one as a gift from the girl who runs your PC. After that, you can breed them.

Yeah, it looks like you can also get them in the Trophy Garden.
    W00t!
  • Yes, the girl in HeartHome City will give you one after you get your national dex. She is in the building to the right of the Pokecenter.

If you want a low level Eevee with Iron Tail let me know, I've a got a ton of Eevees (30+) on my Emerald game. I also have plenty of evolution stones.
  • I think that after I beat the game I'm just going to have to walk around the entire map talking to every person one more time. It's one thing to expect me to talk to everyone in every town one time. To make me talk to them all two or more times! Crazy!
  • I think that after I beat the game I'm just going to have to walk around the entire map talking to every person one more time. It's one thing to expect me to talk to everyone in every town one time. To make me talk to them all two or more times! Crazy!
    Yes, the amount of time you need to spend talking to people is insane! There are also certain events that only happen on certain days.

For example: If you go to the Valley Windworks on a Friday you will encounter a Drifbloon. It will be sitting out in the open. When this first happened to me I had no idea what the weird thing near the tree was!
  • By sheer luck, I once found a shiny tentacool.
  • Guess who caught a shiny Swellow a couple days ago? Yeeeaaah, that's right. :D It was such a surprise too! The only pokemon on my team were completely overpowered for catching (all the rest were eggs) and I only managed to catch it by throwing pokeballs at it until I got lucky. Yay!
  • edited June 2007
    I caught a shiny Ghastly, who is now a shiny Haunter. One of these days I'll buy a DS and Pearl, so that I can cast down my SP and Leaf green and live the good life.
    Post edited by Sloth on
  • So, I was in need of a Drifblim in order to get to see its first state, I can catch it but I was too lazy to do it and wait until Friday so I got a pichu that I breed and left at level 1 and put it on the GTS I was surprise when I came back at night and someone exchange it for a a Shiny Drifblim :P of level 22.
    Well I am gonna get and egg and then to lake Valor to see Mestrip and get my national dex :P
  • I've gotten a few shinies via GTS. I'm not sure how legit they are though.
  • So, I was in need of a Drifblim in order to get to see its first state, I can catch it but I was too lazy to do it and wait until Friday so I got a pichu that I breed and left at level 1 and put it on the GTS I was surprise when I came back at night and someone exchange it for a a Shiny Drifblim :P of level 22.
    Score. :O Lvl 22 sounds legit, too!
    I caught a shiny Ghastly, who is now a shiny Haunter. One of these days I'll buy a DS and Pearl, so that I can cast down my SP and Leaf green and live the good life.
    I've heard rumours that uploading a trade evolution pokemon to the GTS and taking it down causes it to evolve as if it's been traded. Don't know how true that is. But good if you want to evolve that Haunter into a Gengar without losing it.