This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Demetri Martin

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
I just saw this guy on Comedy Central Presents, and he was hilarious in a very XKCD kind of way.

Favorite joke: "If I ever saw an amputee being hanged, I'd just start yelling out letters."

Comments

• I lol'ed
  • "If you wear camouflage in the woods, you blend in. But if you wear it in the city, you just look like an asshole."

Really funny. Great find.
  • My favorite jokes are...

"I hate pinatas. Because pinatas are an excuse to beat up flamboyant animals. It's like 'Hey look, a donkey with some pizaz! Let's kick his ass!" What I'm trying to say is, don't make the same halloween costume mistake I did."

"If I have to go up in a building, I choose the elevator over the escalator. Because one time I was going up an escalator and I tripped...I fell down the stairs for an hour and a half!"
  • Double hawk.
  • edited May 2007
    Double hawk.
    Awkward.

I saw a guy with a suit and a briefcase, but he had an eye patch. All I could think was, "Yaaarrrr! Off to me office!"

I was shopping the other day and this sales lady took me to the dressing room. She said, "If you need anything, I'm Jill." I said, "Oh my god. I've never met anyone before... with a conditional identity. Who are you if I don't need anything?"
    Post edited by Jason on
  • This guy is great.
    "Cool is all about... leather sleeves."
  • Yeah Demetri Martin is hilarious. He does some correspondence for the Daily Show now... only about once a month though.
  • I never saw that yet, I watch daily show all the time.
  • If you think you know enough about Demetri, check out this trivia contest I found to win a Free Kindle2!

http://contest.firstonmars.com/important_things/
  • Video's been taken down.
  • I was very disappointed with his Comedy Central show.
  • I was very disappointed with his Comedy Central show.
    I watched a few clips that were funny, but I wouldn't want to watch several of them in a row (like his show). If the show involved other comedians and offered more than just his humor, I think it would work. Him on his own doing a watered down version of his stand-up every week? Not so much.
  • edited April 2009
    Video's been taken down.
    Google Video now
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I really loved his comedy central show. It just has this style about it that works.
  • Over rated.
  • edited April 2009
    Initial impression: Not quite funny..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I found him to be more generally interesting than funny. His full length show "If" was on youtube, and I watched it all the way through, and had fun. I can't remember laughing much though.
  • The thing I've noticed about Demitri Martin is that he is a lot like Mitch Hedberg with a sense of politics and stage presence.
  • I dunno. I think that his Comedy Central show is actually quite funny. It's a very smart and snappy sense of humor. Not as funny as people like Lewis Black or Lavell Crawford, but still worth one's time.
  • I just watched the special. Again, I smiled all the way through, but didn't laugh once. Fun stuff though.
  • Over rated.
    I know, I thought the same thing about your mom last night.
  • Over rated.
    No Sir! My mother is gracious and accommodating. You and all the other dudes she's banging should appreciate that.
  • I just watched the special. Again, I smiled all the way through, but didn't laugh once. Fun stuff though.
    His specials are good. His weekly show is lackluster.
    "Double Hawk" is a big thing in the MacRoss household.
  • The thing I've noticed about Demitri Martin is that he is a lot like Mitch Hedberg with a sense of politics and stage presence.
    I was just thinking this...Mitch Hedberg with less drugs and more markers. Except I actually think most of Hedberg's stuff was funny. Of course, I know a lot of people who don't.
    Over rated.
    No Sir! My mother is gracious and accommodating. You and all the other dudes she's banging should appreciate that.
    Alright, Go templar21's mom!
  • Templar's mum, she-pimp extrordanaire.
  • Hedberg was an amazing comedian, his only problem was that he got so fucked up by stage fright and drugs that his delivery was often sub-par. The fact that despite this, he was one of the funniest people I've seen in a long while speaks greatly to his talent, I think.

Demitri Martin also really reminds me of Flight of the Conchords.
  • I lol'ed
    I came
  • I lol'ed
    I came
    I saw.