This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wow, THAT certainly sucked...

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
Okay, got up yesterday afternoon, worked last night. Came home, got two hours of sleep, and went to help a friend move a bunch of stuff out of her second floor apartment. Came home, mowed the grass, and figured "Hey, why not go see if my copy of Scott Pilgrim is in?" Well, on the way to Empire Comics, a car in front of me slammed on the brakes to make a turn(no turn signal that I saw). I hit the brakes and swerved and almost missed hitting them.

So I just spent 45 minutes with a crowbar pulling my bumper and fender out so that I could turn the wheel to the left without shredding the tire, and so that I could open my driver's side door. The lady driving got out and talked to me, and was fine and everything, but as soon as the ambulance came, she got on the stretcher and put the neck brace on and went to the hospital. At least there were witnesses that saw that she didn't signal, and she made an abrupt stop, and that oddly enough, her passenger threw a mysterious object out the window as the police showed up. I hope they piss test her.

Got the car drivable, went and picked up some cold sodas as a thank you to the guys who provided the pull chain and the crowbar to get my car back on the road, and head to Empire. OF COURSE, my copies of Scott Pilgrim didn't show up. HOWEVER, they had a hardbound edition of Mouse Guard, so I picked that up for like $27 including tax. Oh well, I think it's time to feed the cat, take a shower, and get a little sleep in before i have to go back to work tonight.

Comments

• I am sorry to hear what happened to to wallybman, I would recommend to read any volume of Buddha, it sure will give you some peace of mind, have a great day tomorrow.