This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Be ye forewarned: Trivial Pursuit Wednesday night

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
So this time I'm giving everyone a few days' warning. I'll be hosting the FRC Trivial Pursuit Skypecast on Wednesday evening at 8 p.m. EST/DST (that's 1 p.m. GMT and I believe 4 p.m. Pacific). To play, you need to have:

A) The newest version of Skype for PC or Linux (Mac does not support Skypecasts yet. Sorry).

2) A microphone.

Triangle) Lots of fun with us.

Black) This list of categories:
Global View (Blue)
Sound and Screen (Pink)
News (Yellow)
The Written Word (Brown)
Innovations (Green)
Game Time (Orange)

It will be fun. Or else. Muhahaha.

Comments

• It's actually 5 PM pacific.

Now that I've figured out skypecasts on Linux, I should be able to make it this time.
  • edited May 2007
    Note: It has been confirmed that Mac users can now do Skypecasts using the same exploit described by Sail in the other thread. Party on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I'm in. We should keep score this time so I can prove my domination...
  • That would definitely be fun. I just don't want to ruin your game or anything, because I am not exactly Trivial Pursuit king.
    Although, maybe it would be fun to pwn me. lol.
  • All can join. Don't worry about getting many correct. If WiP can answer a few, then anybody can :D
  • If WiP can answer a few, then anybody can :D
    Don't make me draw another picture Jason...
  • All you have to do is prove your 1337n3355. We'll see, my brother... WE'LL SEE!
  • I'll participate but, be warned, I contain massive amounts of lose and fail.
  • There is no lose. There is no fail. There is only new and improved sound effects.

Honestly, TP is kind of a broken game anyway. We're not using a board; we're just doing the questions. And I don't think there's anyone who can be expected to get more than 25% of the questions right in any given game anyway. It's just happy FRC fun time for our forum flamewar gang :D
  • It's just happy FRC fun time for our forum flamewar gang :D
    Do you think we'd get many other non-FRC players? Have you in the past, maybe not this game, but others?
  • It will be restricted to our private game. Last time I accidentally made it public, and we had a couple of numbskulls mosey in.
  • Do you think we'd get many other non-FRC players? Have you in the past, maybe not this game, but others?
    We had one last week, he was...interesting, to say the least.
  • It's just happy FRC fun time for our forum flamewar gang :D
    Do you think we'd get many other non-FRC players? Have you in the past, maybe not this game, but others?
    I believe that Jason always makes the 'cast private.
  • Ah, ok.. That's what I was hoping for. I am new to Skypecasts, so I wasn't sure of the options.
  • There is no lose. There is no fail. There is only new and improved sound effects.
    This sounded like Yoda to me. "Do or do not. There is no try."
  • As of May 10th Macs can use skypecasts just fine.
  • I am really pissed off at Skype. Does anybody have a Teamspeak/Ventrilo server we could use instead?
  • I am really pissed off at Skype. Does anybody have a Teamspeak/Ventrilo server we could use instead?
    What is the issue?
  • Unreliability. Skype keeps on dropping me, and the client has several bugs. It's just frustrating. I'm going to reinstall and see if that fixes anything.
  • edited May 2007
    Unreliability. Skype keeps on dropping me, and the client has several bugs. It's just frustrating. I'm going to reinstall and see if that fixes anything.
    It's your call Jason. Are the other programs basically the same format as Skype?
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • I was wondering, how long does an average game take?
  • The other programs are somewhat different. I'm going to stay with Skype for now. I was just terribly frustrated at both my ISP and Skype glitches earlier.

There is no average game, per se. There is no game, per se. We just do the trivia part for shits and giggles and then riff on whatever side conversations we want. You can stay as long as you want, or leave as early as you'd like. It's just like hanging out in Eric Foreman's basement, except we're all several hundred or thousand miles apart.
  • Wow, that sounds great.
  • Skype is currently the only cross-platform VOIP available(as far as I know...). So, we're kinda stuck.
  • I am so, so sad that I won't be able to be there at 8:00 p.m. EST. I'm working until 8:30 p.m. and I won't be home until 9:45 p.m. at the earliest. Is it possible you'll still be playing then?
  • edited May 2007
    Joe: I kind of doubt it, but you can check. Who knows? Maybe we'll all still be caught up in mass TP hysteria. Hell, WiP, Sail, and I were all on Wesnoth with a simultaneous Skypecast a couple of times (was it three hours once? That one game went really late), so you never know how long we'll hang in there.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Yeah, it was about 3 and a half hours.
  • Bumped for a reminder.
  • Well, Rym has the sick of the throat. That means no show tonight. We will continue "how to get into it week" into next week. Also, I'll probably show up for your trivias.
  • Ah, thanks for the reminder.