This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Demonoid Invite Wanted

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
Is there anyone registered with Demonoid.com that would be kind enough to extend an invite? They aren't taking public registrations at the moment. There's a torrent that I'm trying to download that's only available on Demonoid.

I'll send whatever details you need by whisper.

Thanks!

Comments

• Done.

Thanks!
  • Anyone have another invite to spare?
  • edited May 2007
    I got one. I'll whisper you an invitation code, and anyone else who wants one.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • So wait, this is just a torrent site? What's the big deal? If they have secret torrents that are not available elsewhere, that's stupid, because someone can just take the .torrent files and put them on other trackers like pirate bay. If they have some magic way of keeping all their torrents to members only, that's also stupid. The point of bittorrent is to get the torrent to as many people as possible, not limit it to some small group. Can someone explain the point of this site to me?
  • Looks like its just a common file sharing site. Yeah I agree that it is stupid a lot of dead torrents on that site.
  • edited May 2007
    It is totally stupid. Doesn't mean I don't use it. They've got a lot of obscure stuff like books, audiobooks, and asian movies. And, for whatever reason, no one just lifts the torrents from them.

[Edit] This is what they've posted as their explanation.
    We only open registrations when our resources permit. A tracker/site of a large scale such as this, needs to close registration for periods of time.
    So why the fuck is AnimeSuki still around?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited May 2007
    So wait, this is just a torrent site? What's the big deal? If they have secret torrents that are not available elsewhere, that's stupid, because someone can just take the .torrent files and put them on other trackers like pirate bay. If they have some magic way of keeping all their torrents to members only, that's also stupid. The point of bittorrent is to get the torrent to as many people as possible, not limit it to some small group. Can someone explain the point of this site to me?
    Demonoid
    it's not some exclusive private tracker site by any stretch. You can search the tracker site without registering. And it just limits how many torrents you can download if you don't register is all. It doesn't even enforce user sharing.

AnimeSuki does have mirror sites where as Demonoid does not. In any case it's not like they are charging you to use their tracker site.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • edited May 2007
    AnimeSuki does have mirror sites where as Demonoid does not. In any case it's not like they are charging you to use their tracker site.That was a rhetorical question. In other words, "If what they said was true, why would AnimeSuki be around?" Now that I think about it though, AnimeSuki is a really bad example because the torrent files are hosted on the fansubbers' sites, not the actual animesuki.com.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • In my case, there was a particular torrent that I wanted that was only available on Demonoid. Since it was older, you have to be a member in order to download it. Didn't really have a choice.