This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

We need a Meebo chat window for the forum

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
Rym mentioned the possibility, and now I'm obsessing. Our forum community is big/rabid enough that live chat would add a huge, new dimension to media-sharing, flamewars, organizing games, etc. What are the chances this could happen?

Comments

• I actually toyed with this a few days ago. Mostly the problem is not setting it up, but managing it. If we do not have the free time to moderate and manage the room, we can't have it.
  • Make it unmoderated. Let freedom ring!
  • edited May 2007
    That's what I'm screaming. It's time to let the kids stay home without the babysitter.

We don't need your education! We don't need your thought control!
    /lolz
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Let freedom ring!
    Although I enjoy the allusion to Martin Luther King Jr., I think without moderators, things could get a bit out of hand. Scott, why not assign moderators to the possible live chat?
  • It's time to let the kids stay home without the babysitter.
    Also a good point. I guess it could work well, as long as only members can chat. We don't need any more "flamming geeks."
  • Flamming?
  • So that was his name. He was banned right before I joined the boards. Since then, I think Scrym have only referred to him with shudder of elitist disgust. XD
  • Oh noes! I'm sorry for bringing it up. Forgive me Scrym.
  • I lived through it. It was a dark time...
  • Make it unmoderated. Let freedom ring!
    Anarchy is the way.