This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fist of the North Star - The Arcade Machine

edited May 2007 in Video Games
http://kotaku.com/gaming/arcade/fighting-mania-fist-of-the-north-star-impressions-262725.php

I gotta say that I would be interested in playing this, it seems like it'd be a lot of fun. Plus it seems like it'd be a good workout. Now they just need to combine this game with DDR.

Comments

• I played one of these at Anime Expo. It indeed was a work-out, but it wasn't all that fun.
  • We played this in Wildwood every year for the past few years. It's awesome. As far as I am concerned, it is the best First of the North Star anything ever.
  • I remember when this came out. It's very similiar to the Ashita no Joe game without a head in the middle to punch. I love these punching games.

The new Fist of the Northstar fighting game (published by SEGA programmed by Arc Systems) that just recently got ported to the PS2 is TERRIBLE. It's like a more spastic version of Guilty Gear Slash, but not nearly as fun. The art and graphics ar fine, but the gameplay is bad. The game kind of flopped in the arcades, which totally surprised me.

I think my favorite Fist of the Northstar game is the awful NES game where the enemies heads explode. That or the cool 3D action game for playstation where you had to enter in a bunch of button combinations to make the enemies explode in all sorts of gore and sick.

I just recently played through the Japanese version of Double Dragon II: The Revenge, and the story is SO similar to Fist of the Northstar. The boss character looks a lot like a character from the series.. definitely worth playing through if you're in the mood to play a good Fist of the Northstar game. Also the Japanese version let's you breeze through the whole thing in an easy mode and let's you see the ending (which I don't think you could do in the North American one... not sure though could be wrong.)