This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The show with Zefrank

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
I recently stumbled upon this gem of goodness. I knew of Zefrank if only by name for his stop-motion song that was popular on youtube a while back, but didn't know he did a podcast. Apparently he did a videocast for exactly one year (monday - friday Mar. 17 '06 to Mar. 17 '07). Right now I'm going through from the beginning but I've seen some random ones, both on his site and floating around on youtube. You can find his videocast at http://zefrank.com/theshow. Here are some of my favorites:
3VttHpNxr4A
Zefrank on Scrabble

Ix58sKui_pg
Zefrank on Procrastination

yKPOt6Vusvc
Zefrank on the Wii

Personally I find his wit hilarious, and his talent at (semi)improvisation is entertaining to watch. I can't wait to see them all.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Sorry to necropost, but I figured that since there's already a thread about this, it'd be silly to make a new one. ^^; Also, just in case Mr. Period is watching - "the show" is intentionally not capitalized.

Anyway, I wanted to point out that Ze recently put up a few videos during the writers' strike that are very similar to episodes of the show. They didn't last long, but I was excited to see them nonetheless. They're most easily accessible from http://zefrank.blip.tv/. Everything from "Untitled #1" on up is new material.

Watching those videos, I was reminded how much I missed the original episodes of the show, and I started watching through the archives again. Man, still such an amazing year of videos and projects. Sports racers, hard chargers, power moves, the League of Awesomeness, earth sandwich, dressing up vacuum cleaners, remixes for Ray, ugly MySpace, giant babies, RunningFool's journey across the US... Man. Good times.

I originally watched the show from about May or early June up until the end on March 17, 2007. It was almost always a much anticipated part of my weekday, and Ze rarely disappointed to either entertain or enlighten me. I felt like there was a five-minute hole in my day for the first week or two after the thing finally ended. Ze is just a genius in so many ways. A lot of people said that the show was like "The Daily Show, but in vidcast form and only five minutes long." To an extent, that was kind of true, but there was a lot more social experimentation and waxing philosophical on the show.

I'm surprised that neither Rym nor Scott ever got into the show, and that there's only one thing in the GeekNights archives that references it (070604 - Rym's thing of the day was "Whip Somebody's Ass" and the remixes thereof). It seems like something both they and the majority of the forum would like. There's intelligent commentary, lots of witty humour, good production values, and the occasional bit of catchy original music. If you've never seen or heard of Ze before, I highly recommend that you go to http://www.zefrank.com/theshow/ and look at some of the episodes listed under "Popular Shows," or just go through the archives at your whim. You might be a little confused at first, but after a few episodes, you probably won't be disappointed. :)
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Ah, what a show. I caught it just before the half-way mark, and it was addictive. It's good to see him back at it.