This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Lost

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
We've had a Heroes season finale thread. Here's the Lost season finale thread.

What the hell is going on! 8 months till new Lost? I...don't know what to say.

Can I just say that if I hadn't seen my daughter in 16 years the first thing I'd say to her would probably not be "I'll help you tie him up."

Comments

• Why did Charlie have to die ? He was my favorite character.
  • Why did Charlie have to die ? He was my favorite character.
    Me too but here's my theory...

They go back in time some how, and stop the call to the boat. And they go back far enough that Charlie is still alive and they can change it so he doesn't die.
  • Charlie had to die because the actor just wanted a chance to prove that he is more than a hobbit.
  • edited May 2007
    I wasn't terribly impressed with the season finale.

I wanted at least something answered. I would have been happy knowing who was on the stupid boat offshore.

There was too much mystery for 8 months of nothing. What's up with Walt? What's up with the boat?

I'm fine with mystery, but I didn't feel like we made any progress at all.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Are you serious, the biggest question, "will they ever get home?" was answered!
  • Are you serious, the biggest question, "will they ever get home?" was answered!
    That's not the big mystery to me. I'm much more concerned about what the island is all about. Besides, we really don't know the context of those scenes. I suspect that they may actually return to the island.
  • I didn't find myself concerned about the lack of answers until it was over. I was totally wrapped up in the episode. Here's a link to the text of the newpaper article Jack had.
  • God I hope this show ends with an author closing a book and saying something like "honey, I think I finally finished it". And then we see that the author is one of the characters on the show and that his wife is a character, and neighbours and dog and so on and so forth. That would be a great ending.

On a side note...I think that the island is inside of some kind of cloak that cannot be visually penetrated from inside or out. That's why no can find it and that's why the sky did that weird thing when the hatch blew up...it was as if the explosion was kept inside the bubble or cloak.
  • The season finale for season 4 has been confirmed as being 3 hours long as a result of the writers strike.
  • Lost is truth in advertising, whenever I try to watch it I get completely lost! That show poses far too many questions and never answers any of them. I hate Lost.
  • The show from this week was awesome!!!
  • Indeed it was, by far my favorite scene was the three extras dying while Sawyer was shouting "Get inside!"
  • I know that was really funny. I'm a sucker for Lost, just give me a little awesome, and I'm in. I don't need all answers all the time.
  • Hurley: "I can't believe you gave him Australia! Australia is the key!"
  • This episode just cemented the fact that Ben is the best character on the show, that conversation with Widmore was amazing. I'm sorry Desmond, but you have been usurped.
  • Indeed it was, by far my favorite scene was the three extras dying while Sawyer was shouting "Get inside!"
    When you hear gun shots outside and someone is screaming, "Get inside!" do you go out to see what's happening? And they didn't die from a spray of bullets, just one for each one of them...then they try to kill Sawyer with a spray of bullets and he comes out of it unscathed.
    This episode just cemented the fact that Ben is the best character on the show, that conversation with Widmore was amazing.
    I couldn't agree more. Ben is such a sinister character and the actor portrays this so well. I loved how he turned the conversation around when he told Widmore that he's going to kill Penelope so that Widmore will understand the pain he's suffering.
    This episode just cemented the fact that Ben is the best character on the show, that conversation with Widmore was amazing. I'm sorry Desmond, but you have been usurped.
    This is why Lost is one of the best shows on TV today. I was laughing my butt off on the Sawyer scene, and totally engrossed in the Ben scene. And anyone who doesn't think Ben is one of the best characters on the show isn't watching the same show I am.
  • I think one of the redeeming qualities about where the show is going is that they now have an ending to shoot for. The writers know exactly how they are ending it and what they have to do to achieve that. Not to mention Brian K. Vaughan is on staff.
  • The writers know exactly how they are ending it and what they have to do to achieve that.
    That is why the third season wasn't so hot. They didn't know how long they had, so they didn't want to get anything away if they had 5 seasons left. But, the best thing for Lost was an end point. I'll still be sad to see it end, but I think it'll be one of the best episodes in TV history.
  • edited April 2008
    The end point is great. I just hate that they took two seasons worth of shows (48 episodes) and stretched it over three 16 episode seasons.

Is this season still going to be 16 episodes long (or its equivalent)? Will they lower the DVD box set price because of the smaller number of episodes or will they just add a shit-ton of bonus content?

I LOLed when all the extras were getting shot. I expected Sawyer to make some comment like, "looks like everyone's wearing red shirts today." Then he would have looked down at himself and seen that he was the only one wearing a red shirt. At which point he would suddenly get very nervous!
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Season 4 finale, and 8 months till new lost.
  • Spoilorz: <<font color="#FFFFFF">Island go bye bye. LOL.>
  • Christian: You can go now Michael.
    Michael: Who are you?
    *Boom*
  • **SPOILER**........................I so called Locke being in the casket at the end of last year. Just saying.
  • So, did anyone saw the end? Any comments?
  • I thought it fit the show pretty well.
  • I think it was a good ending, but too much metaphor at the end.

I was expecting them to explain more of the mysteries of the island. But i think i knew in my heart of hearts that wasn't gonna fly.
  • I heard the ending was absolute trash; I probably won't keep trying to watch the show. I'll just focus on Doctor Who.
  • Can someone give me like a one paragraph summary of this thing? I watched one episode in my entire life, a very early one. It was dumb as bricks, so I never watched it again. However, the Internets can't shut up about it, so I figure I should at least know something.
  • Can someone give me like a one paragraph summary of this thing? I watched one episode in my entire life, a very early one. It was dumb as bricks, so I never watched it again. However, the Internets can't shut up about it, so I figure I should at least know something.
    Basically the creators' philosophy was "for every one answer, ask two more questions." That's all you really need to know.