This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, what does everyone here look like???

Comments

• I'm a Chinese girl, and of course with the typical Chinese looks.
  • Me, on my way into work:
    CH7.JPG
  • Is that from Calvin & Hobbes? Looks so familiar.

Recent picture for a photography class
  • Is that from Calvin & Hobbes? Looks so familiar.
    Yeah, it's from one of Calvin's day dreams during school, I believe.
  • edited July 2007
    Yeah, it's from one of Calvin's day dreams during school, I believe.
    Almost

The actual image above is from the back of the anthology book that contained the original strip.
    Post edited by J.Sharp on
  • I've got a Photobucket, I might link it, but I'm not sure, as I have fallen victim to people copying my pictures and saying they are me.

Emo. Yeah, I know.

Someone told me I look like I'm Asian. One More and that's it.

This is the longest its ever been, That was last week on Monday, Before it was cut. Now it's as short as the first picture.
  • No, you don't look Asian, you look EMO (specially with the emo camera angles).

P.S.: didn't mean to be rude BTW (or perhaps I did)

• And Yuko on a dinosaur!
    Dinosaurs are back and they've taken Mexico!

And apparently Aido is their General.
    I can confirm this. I ran into one of Grand High Dinolord Aido's advance scouts down in Orlando.

Lego Dino

I barely escaped with my life.
  • No, you don't look Asian, you look EMO (specially with the emo camera angles).

P.S.: didn't mean to be rude BTW (or perhaps I did)

An ex told me that the second picture doesnt look like me at all. Other than that, it's ok. Rude-ness doesn't bother me.
  • edited July 2007
    I don't have a picture yet, but imagine a twenty-nine-year-old African-American/Dutch/Cherokee hybrid with dreadlocks, birthmark over his right eye, needs glasses, is six feet tall and needs to lose twenty pounds. Yep, I'm one of Nature's jokes.

Other than that the world encourages me to remain anonymous.
    Post edited by jwallace on
  • edited August 2007
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I hate to say it, but that's at South of the Border. It's on the drive between NC and SC. God has forsaken that place. Do not go there.
    Hey, hey, hey...let's not say things we'll regret here. There is nothing wrong with North Carolina, except maybe our school system in Mecklenburg, or perhaps our conservative state legislature, or maybe or severe water shortage due to drought and negligent over use of the Catawba river basin, or perhaps our acid rain in the Great Smok--Listen, theres nothing God Foresaken about North Carolina.

Now. South Carolina on the other hand...
  • edited August 2007

That's me a couple of years ago. I look the same, except my hair is buzzed.
    Post edited by bodtchboy on
  • edited August 2007
    Me swimming awhile ago.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • This is a picture of me on a ferry at Sydney harbor,

and this is a quick picture I took of the Harbor Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.

• I can confirm this. I ran into one of Grand High Dinolord Aido's advance scouts down in Orlando.

Lego Dino

I barely escaped with my life.
    Is it just me, or does that dinosaur looking strikingly similar to a Groudon?
    Me swimming awhile ago.
    AHahahaha. 'Ze goggles! Zey do nossing!'
  • edited August 2007
    A few pictures from my pilgrimage. The destination was the Osamu Tezuka Manga Museum in Takarazuka.
    Post edited by mkg12 on
  • edited August 2007
    This is me at Otakon, in the elevator at our hotel. I'm the one cosplaying as Chii. My friends all said I look like I'm about to strangle someone in this picture. XD I was actually trying to explain one of the panels I went to.

Post edited by bunnikun on
  • AHahahaha. 'Ze goggles! Zey do nossing!'
    Funny you say that. Alot of people have trouble wearing those type of goggles because they are just plastic, there is no cushion against your eyes. They are hardcore fuckers. They don't even come assembled, you have to put them all together.
  • AHahahaha. 'Ze goggles! Zey do nossing!'
    Funny you say that. Alot of people have trouble wearing those type of goggles because they are just plastic, there is no cushion against your eyes. They are hardcore fuckers. They don't even come assembled, you have to put them all together.
    Yeah, every time I've used any sort of swimming goggles, even the big snorkel kind, they have never ever been comfortable. Neither have I found goggles that worked to a level meeting my satisfaction. Is it really that hard to make something that will make a water-tight seal around your eyes without being uncomfortable?
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, every time I've used any sort of swimming goggles, even the big snorkel kind, they have never ever been comfortable. Neither have I found goggles that worked to a level meeting my satisfaction. Is it really that hard to make something that will make a water-tight seal around your eyes without being uncomfortable?
    90% of all goggles are total and udder shit. For goggles to really work well they need to either go right on the edge of your eye sockets or just inside of them. Any sort of mask is out of the question for rec/comp swimming. If you want goggles with cushions, you have to get silicone cushions, neoprene is horrible and will always leak and not nearly as comfortable in my opinion. Any other material is not even worth looking at (I think there might even be latex cushions). Also, the cushions need to be solid/small. If the cushions have large flaps then they are almost guaranteed to leak. You want the goggles to make a seal right around the edge of your socket, if not on the inside. If you have the large flap goggles, the seal will be formed around your lower eye socket and eyebrows which is not a very strong place for a seal.
    Goggles with large flap cushions. Bad
    Goggles with small flap/solid cushions. Good.

The ones I use, Swedish Goggles, have no cushions and go on the inside of the socket which can make them very uncomfortable at first. However, after 11 years of swimming with them, I will only wear them because they are the best in my opinion.

Good
    Speedo Vanquishers
    Swedish Goggles
    Bad
    Shit Goggles #1
    Shit Goggles #2
    Shit Goggles #3
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • You know, one of the problems I've had with Goggles has always been that thing that bridges over your nose. Does anyone make goggles that consist of two monogoggles with no strap or nose bridge?
  • You know, one of the problems I've had with Goggles has always been that thing that bridges over your nose. Does anyone make goggles that consist of two monogoggles with no strap or nose bridge?
    Not that I know of, hell, I'm not even sure what that would look like...

Well this is me. In the larger one I'm the one with the purple wig.
  • Well, I don't wanna kill your eyes, so Imagine a middle-schooler that has semi-long, puffy, curly hair, and is about 5' 5" or 5' 6" (I didn't measure, I'm about an inch or two taller than my parents).
    Oh, and this middle-schooler isn't the acme-attacked and lonely, nerd guy. I'm the semi-cool one.

• and this is a quick picture I took of the Harbor Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.

No Wai! I was on the other side of that bridge exactly a week earlier, on my way to Taronga Zoo. What are the odds! BTW, that Opera House needs a damn good scrubbing, it was a filthy light brown colour when I passed it on the ferry.

Thats me. I guess I'm on the younger side here.
  • This is me during my school's annual tricycle race around campus during homecoming. It's a lot harder than you think.