This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Help me find this anime.

The only thing I can remember about this anime is that in the end, three of the four main gals got robot-suits and went into space, while a last one stayed behind and wrote welcome back messages to the others on their roofs.

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I don't think this is it.
  • edited June 2007
    I also remember that they blow up a space station like thing before returning to Earth.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited June 2007
    Come on.  If you are in space with a giant robot, you've gotta blow up a space station: it is just common sense.  Anyhow, can you describe the characters?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited June 2007
    It sounds like Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 to me. If it helps, it did air on Stars for a while.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited June 2007
    Sounds like 2040 to me, too. Do these suits look familiar?. Did they run around beating up insane biodroids? I don't recall anything about a girl writing on a roof, but I did miss the last episode... What you've described could be any number of chicks-with-robot-armour shows, though. D:
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited June 2007
    It is Gunbuster.
    At the end of the film they wrap Jupiter in this space ship, jump to the middle of enemy territory, and turn it into a black hole. That would be the space ship to which you were referring.  But, in getting back to Earth, they lose a few thousand years due to having to travel close to the speed of light. and When they get back, all the people on earth shine lights at them to spell out "welcome home."
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited June 2007
    Are there any karate chicks?  I remember that one of the the main characters gets a karate challenge from a well endowed gal. I swear this is killing my head; I hate it when I can't remember something completely.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited June 2007
    I am just gonna gonna say Project A-ko?
    Karate girls that go to space and destroy space stations, is that either awesome or terrible?  I still think it is Gunbuster, though, since they also challenge Noriko to a duel in that one.
    Post edited by Rym on