This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I certainly hope Geeknights isn't podfading.

edited June 2007 in GeekNights
It's still one of the best podcasts on teh internets. Plus it's inspirational. I would have never gotten involved in this show if it hadn't been for Rym and Scott talking about putting forth creative effort. I had been involved in podcasting before, but not in this context. With podcasting and many other areas, Geeknights can be inspiring.

I forget who it was on the forums that predicted that with Scott's new job there would be fewer shows. It seems more like illness and general busyness with other things is more of a culprit here.

Honestly, I'd rather have fewer shows but happy Ryms and Scotts. In other words, I really hope they don't burn out.

Comments

• I really hope they don't burn out.
    Period.
  • Nod podfading worries yet. It will be at least two years before you will have any longer term droughts than this.
  • I wouldn't call 2 weeks of sick hosts a worrysome situation.
    Besides, i'd rather loose a show and have scott get better so we don't hear him coughing in the background for most of the show.
  • Scrym won't podfade because they know that there would be an angry mob with pitch forks and torches out in front of their house in fairly short order.
  • I find it hard to think of how GeekNights could fade out. There aren't any problems in terms of content as the subjects they talk about are timeless and therefore don't rely on anything else to provide them and the sheer number of computer subjects, anime, games and miscellaneous things it more than enough for two years.
  • *lol* My god, They miss a few shows and everyone suddenly gets worried.

Hey Scott, you forget that the week of awesome will be a long drought ^_^
  • Hey Scott, you forget that the week of awesome will be a long drought ^_^
    Nah, we'll do what we did last year and have filler episodes the whole week.
  • edited June 2007
    Hey Scott, you forget that the week of awesome will be a long drought ^_^

Nah, we'll do what we did last year and have filler episodes the whole week.

Who could ever forget the ten second episode about sitting by the pool eating cheese?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I miss the Thursday show already . . . T_T

It's my favorite one!
  • I really doubt that this is a case of podfading...
  • edited June 2007
    Nuuu I refuse to let you guys podfade! Muhahaha!
    Post edited by DJ_Katsuhiko_Jinnai on
  • Nuuu I refuse to let you guys podfade! Muhahaha!
    Scrym won't podfade because they know that there would be an angry mob with pitch forks and torches out in front of their house in fairly short order.
    I dunno about you guys, but I'd rather have no GeekNights than Scott and Rym doing stupid, shitty shows just to stay on the air.

Not that I, personally, think that GeekNights'll turn shitty in the foreseeable future.